Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
georgefreeways
Not so new now
Not so new now
georgefreeways

Number of posts : 30
Home City : Bristol
Model and year : 1998 AM Craft Hiace Campervan 2.8 Auto
Registration date : 2016-03-14

Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Empty
PostSubject: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Hello All,

I have some serious rust to cut out then weld new panels in, underneath 3 (for now - more to follow) windows of my 1996 Amcraft Hiace camper.

Once the widows are out, instead of replacing the old, does anyone know of UK Bonded windows company that can go in?
Eventually I'd like to replace them all.

Once i've de-rusted....

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 am

Bonded is with a border or you just want sliding windows?
What kind of windows you have now?

You can get repair panels for the lower stuff, wheel arches and so on, but I havent seen panels for around the windows.
Back to top Go down
georgefreeways
Not so new now
Not so new now
georgefreeways

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 8:20 am

I have the same windows as you at the moment.
By bonded I mean a single piece that glues into the whole opening - no need for rubber seals anywhere.
Within that, there is a sliding section.

I see you mentioned Klokkerholm for panels, I cannot seem to find any on there other than lamps but will keep trying!
Yes, i do no think its possible to get a full side panel. The rusted area is directly under the windiw seal, so will require cutting out and a panel welding in.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 8:27 am

I have fixed windows in the back. If you have sliding windows, I would buy them from you Smile
I'm still searching for the original sliding windows, which would include frame and rubber.

This is a dutch site which lists the available panels. Use google translate. There should be an UK dealer for Klokkerholm as well.
http://www.euro-autoparts.nl/index.php?kiesmerk=TOYOTA&kiesmodel=5344&zoekwoord=

I once saw a complete side of the van (so including window edges) on a website, and it was cheap. But it was from Thailand, so shipping cost would be big and I'm not sure about the steel quality.
I have one bad edge around the left rear window, and my mechanic told me it would be best to find a wrecker and grind out the part that you need.
Back to top Go down
georgefreeways
Not so new now
Not so new now
georgefreeways

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 8:30 am

Great link many thanks!
My rear windows are fixed, just the mids that slide im afraid.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 8:35 am

Yeah okay, just like mine.
I found some sliding windows in Australia, second hand but still good, and they were cheap. But shipping was very annoying and would cost like $700.
I found them in China online but then you have to buy 20 pieces at a time....
Now I'm going to try via Egypt see if there is something second hand.

I think I saw something like the bonded windows you mention on a website in Australia, but that seemed to be very inactive. And would be very expensive to ship.
If you don't want the sliding windows, I guess you could have someone cut a piece of (somewhat flexible) plexiglas in the right size and glue it on there.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 2:35 pm

I actually just found out that the guy I had my Hiace from (here in the Netherlands) actually has a couple of sets of sliding windows.
So those are not those fancy bonded windows that you want, but at least they are sliding windows.

They are all original Toyota windows including the frames and rubbers and everything.

For me this is great, I don't even have to look abroad anymore. And he has more, so if you are interested..
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Hiace4wd wrote:
I actually just found out that the guy I had my Hiace from (here in the Netherlands) actually has a couple of sets of sliding windows.
So those are not those fancy bonded windows that you want, but at least they are sliding windows.

They are all original Toyota windows including the frames and rubbers and everything.

For me this is great, I don't even have to look abroad anymore. And he has more, so if you are interested..

Excellent result!!
An alternate is that if your windows are flattish (i.e. not the windscreen), 6mm polycarbonate and a jigsaw would get you close.

IMO the sliding windows are more useful than my 'open a tiny bit at the back' type, but as they are only held in with 4-5 fixings I may experiment at some stage with making them removable.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 7:56 pm

For me it is about two things. Driving wind (perhaps when not on highway) because I don't have AC.
And ventilation when camping. During sleeping in the back of the van, some extra ventilation is very welcome.

The added bonus is opening them at the campsite. So when you sit inside on the rear bench, you can simply lean out.

The type you have is something that would already generate some extra wind during driving.

Do you want me to check for you if he also has short wheelbase windows? I think I mostly had long wheel base windows, but I can check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?   Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonded Windows - 1996 Amcraft Hiace Camper ?
Page 1 of 1