Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dash indicator lights flickering

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
x_ozzy_x

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Philippines
Registration date : 2016-11-19

Dash indicator lights flickering Empty
PostSubject: Dash indicator lights flickering   Dash indicator lights flickering Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 10:11 am

Hi guys,

Ok, just found out after a long trip yesterday that oddly flickering of lights on my dashboard (battery, tbelt, wiper water etc.) some times it will not show at idle but when i revved it up at higher rpm (say 2000rpm), the flickering of lights shows up. then it will vanished at 3000rpm

Any ideas what caused it? thanks alot
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Dash indicator lights flickering   Dash indicator lights flickering Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 10:37 pm

The symptoms appear similar to a problem I had. The auto electrician diagnosed it as an alternator fault which he then rebuilt. The fault reappeared a short time later and was traced to the new brushes not seating correctly. So for you it may just be a brush fault rather than a rebuild.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dash indicator lights flickering   Dash indicator lights flickering Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:10 am

Something with the alternator, or a bad mass/ground connection somewhere.
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Dash indicator lights flickering   Dash indicator lights flickering Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 11:27 am

I've seen this with bad ground connections. My issue was with the split charging system, where the ("factory") diode charge splitter lost a connection due to corrosion, then subsequently I had a loose connection on the electronic charging controller I replaced that with.

The loose connection resulted in loss of charge which showed up as this symptom. Could be that poor charging from another source would cause the same effect but that bad ground was a relatively easy fix!

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dash indicator lights flickering   Dash indicator lights flickering Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:42 pm

yeah but you would have to find that bad ground connection first Smile

I would also suggest to take of the battery connections/clamps and clean them, to see if it helps.

I think there is also a ground cable from engine block to the body? I haven't checked this for the Hiace, but that could have bad connection. And perhaps clean the alternator connector?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash indicator lights flickering   Dash indicator lights flickering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dash indicator lights flickering
Page 1 of 1