Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
spannera

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Toowoomba Australia
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once  Empty
PostSubject: Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once    Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:31 am

Hi there,

Needing help to find a solution to this electrical issue...

My 1995 Super Custom's Dash Lights (inc lamp on AUTO Gear stick showing Park, Drive etc + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps have all stopped working at the same time. Also I have noticed the alarm that tells you that the head lights are on when the car has stopped, is also not functioning and stopped working at the same time too.

I have checked all the fuses and all have tested ok.

Just wondering if anyone knows what is happening. My unfounded thoughts are :

• They are all on the same circuit so if one bulb blows they all stop? Is this a correct theory?
  • There is a central point they are all connected that is faulty ie the place where you turn the headlights on?
Would love to know your thoughts before I start pulling the car apart?

Cheers John
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once    Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:52 am

have you checked the relays in with the battery and on the passenger side of console there may be one broken
Back to top Go down
spannera

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once    Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:10 am

ruffnut wrote:
have you checked the relays in with the battery and on the passenger side of console there may be one broken

I'll check it out .. Thanks for the idea.

I'll let you know..
John
Back to top Go down
spannera

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once    Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 am

[quote="spannera"]
ruffnut wrote:

Well thanks, after I pulled out the appropriate relay I saw a fuse I must have missed underneath it. It was blown. Found loose wire in Trailer plug connection and hey presto. All back to normal.
Thanks for the prompt.
Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once    Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:52 am

glad you got it sorted Very Happy
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once    Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dash Lights + Fog Lights + Rear Tail Lamps ALL gone at once
Page 1 of 1