Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
malaise
malaise

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Eltham
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom G Excellent 4x4
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions Empty
PostSubject: Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions   Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:59 am

Hello,
I'm attempting to change the radio in my 1997 HiAce Super Custom for a Sony so I can get Bluetooth and all the radio stations without an expander. The expander gets all the stations, but with less intensity, so they have too much static.

When I pulled out the Radio there is one plug connected into the back with two rows of wires (see photo):
row 1: white, green, black,red,black,green,white
row 2: yellow, blue, red,brown,brown,blank,blank,green
Can anyone tell me what they connect to?

I've heard of harness adaptors for radios from Toyota to ISO standard. Does anyone know where I can get one for my Super Custom?

I thought the super custom would have an Amp. I found one above the glove box. Part number 86280-26090. There are a lot of speakers in the Supercustom, so I suspect there are more Amps. Does anyone know how many & where they are?

I've tried posting some photo's of the amp, radio and plug with this post, but I may have failed.

Mal
Back to top Go down
rubythursday
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : York
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom 2.4 Petrol. Wellhouse Conversion
Registration date : 2014-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions   Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 8:03 pm

I got a harness adaptor from Amazon
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonysimons.me.uk
malaise
malaise

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Eltham
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom G Excellent 4x4
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions   Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 1:58 am

Thank you Tony,
I couldn't find it on Amazon, but during the search I found a company that might have one. I'll see what they come back with
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions   Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio change - 1997. Amps & wiring color questions
Page 1 of 1