Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radio wiring diagram for my SC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

Radio wiring diagram for my SC Empty
PostSubject: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Hey all, I'm attempting to fit a Subaru double din unit into my 92 SC, I have sussed the Subaru side with what does what on the loom plug wiring, I thought I had sussed the Toyota loom plug but when I went to trial fit n try it what I had found on the Internet as to what colour wire does what is not what I have on the plug????
Does any of you SC owners have any info for dash radio loom wiring
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Out of the factory the Hiace should come with a Toyota plug on the end of it.

Does it look like this would plug into it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251334381714

TBH the colours might mean anything - but these plugs should fit.
The big plug does most radio stuff including the front speakers, the small plug does the rear speakers.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 10:39 pm

BTW I'm not sure what the Subaru unit has, but if its not a standard ISO connector you may need a 2nd adapter to go into the standard ISO connectors that the link I gave had.

I.e. Toyota -> ISO -> Subaru.

E.g - for the subaru side..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252218630012

The only issue is that this last connectors needs to be reversed - i.e. it's a Subaru car to ISO radio, whereas you need to find a ISO car to Subaru radio lead as your 2nd lead.

Failing that you could just buy one of these to fit on the end of the 1st ISO adapter...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161896754652
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 10:55 am

I've got the plug to the Subaru unit from a breaker, ebay seller just cut the plug of the dash loom with plenty of wire, I have sussed that with a Subaru wiring diagram of the net, I'm now needing to know the colours Toyota have used and the plug is one complete rather than the 2 normally used, looks a bit like -

. . . . . .
. . . . . . .

I had one diagram which said orange was 12v batt and grey was a speaker but testing it I have permanent 12v from that grey connector,
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Sounds like someone has converted the Toyota perhaps to a mini ISO connector, google to see if it is one of these. The mini ISO is an alternate to the bigger ISO pair.
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:38 am

looked further into this last night and I *think* I have found the answers.......

For some reason it looks like an extra loom has been fitted in, looks factory but then not if you understand, I dug deeper into the dash loom and found what could be the 2 iso pluf connectors that matched my iso adaptor before I cut it up to fit the plug that came out of the Toyota stereo, it has the correct wires and looks to be right, I unplugged them and tried switching things on off and all works.....I've got to buy another iso adaptor as like I said I cut the first one up but I could be getting there

will load pics later at home
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:45 am

I will check how the wiring in mine works. I have a euro version, in there is already a convenient adapter in there.
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Hiace4wd wrote:
I will check how the wiring in mine works. I have a euro version, in there is already a convenient adapter in there.

I'll post up the photos later tonight, it'll make it easier to understand affraid

ps love the emo's elephant Bus Suspect just like vzi used to be in the early days
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 7:14 pm

here you go
fitting this
Radio wiring diagram for my SC DSC_0139_zpshxkmcot6
I took out the Toyota steroe which had this plug to it
Radio wiring diagram for my SC DSC_0136_zpsumfpxuua
which has caused me a lot of grief, but looking into the dash I find these
Radio wiring diagram for my SC DSC_0173_zpsprpskww3
and
Radio wiring diagram for my SC DSC_0174_zpstx4hd2qx
which are remarkably like the ISO adaptor I hacked up to try and fit to the plug that went to the Toyota stereo

so, another adaptor tomorrow, plug in and try and see what happens What a Face
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:08 pm

The lower two are the standard Toyota adapters, a cheap Yaris adapter will convert that to the 2 ISO connectors.

The first looks like the one I have on my Sansui so may be a standard ISO type.

BTW have you checked the stereo fits in the hole in the facia?

Last edited by GPW on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:24 pm

It fits lovely, I've got to adapt the brackets but when I trial fitted it and out the dash back together it was almost factory
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:33 pm

mickB wrote:
It fits lovely, I've got to adapt the brackets but when I trial fitted it and out the dash back together it was almost factory

Excellent!
I had to push mine out 15mm from where I could fit the old brackets. I ended up trimming some bamboo flooring down as spacers, and buying some M5 30mm bolts to fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio wiring diagram for my SC   Radio wiring diagram for my SC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio wiring diagram for my SC
Page 1 of 1