Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MAL

Number of posts : 4
Home City : melbourne
Registration date : 2011-12-21

Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:09 am

I got a 1997 Super custom with a fridge between the front seats and a TV fitting on top. I removed the TV (at request of wife & kids) including a box where all the TV antena's collected. I now realise that there was more in that box than just TV stuff, because the fridge now doesn't work. There are 4 wires that connect to the antena box. 3 are power.
So, I'm after a wiring diagram that would tell me what was in the box I threw away.

By the wat the fridge was great when it did work. It has an ice setting which made ice cubes.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 am

The fridge works off the A/C and heating system, well it did on my 94 SC,, there should be a 3 way switch that allows Hot, cool or ice setting. If you threw that away then trace back to where you unplugged it and get a circuit tester out and see what activates what.
Back to top Go down
MAL

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Thank you Clive,
The circuit tester told me that 3 of the 4 wires in the box I removed were power. I could try connecting each of them in turn to the other wire until the fridge works, but something might blow.
It is odd that Toyota ran wiring into the box unless the box did something. Maybe it had a relay, fuse. I hope it didn't have some control unit. If I had a wiring diagram I could figure out what was missing.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:31 am

If it is the same and runs of the A/C then it will just be valves to allow a small or lot of gas through, same with the heating.
www.toyodiy.com may have the switch, may help?
Back to top Go down
MAL

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Clive,
My fridge sounds the same as yours, runs as an extra circuit off the AC with a solenoid valve openning/closing it. There must be a thermister in the heat exchanger to control the temperature. When I switch from ice to cool I must be changing it's set point. When the set point is reached I suspect there is a relay which switches the refrigerant valve off/on. Do you know where the relay is in your Hiace?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:39 am

Not got the Hiace any more, sob.

Some above the drivers foot, and some behind a panel by the passngers right foot. Which is what should be marked on the cover.
Back to top Go down
MAL

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:29 am

I'm really regretting throwing away the box attached to the TV.

I went a bit further today. Started marking out all the wire colours into and out of the connectors. There was another black box within the fridge where the wires to the ice/cool switch seem to pass through. I wish I could find out what that did (as well as the now missing one).

Of the four wires that entered the TV box; one always had power, two others had power when the engine was running. I played around with connecting some of the wires together to see what would happen. Maybe get power to the Fridge. Well, the AC stopped working and the speedo, tacho, all the instrument panel, except for the radio stopped working. The Transmission was stuck in P. I now know where all the fuses and relays are, but it scared me that I had blown it up. I'm back to normal now and I'm not playing with wires until I know what they do.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:10 pm

here is a wiring diagram from a landcruiser console fridge this may help?

Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Wiring10

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
malaise
malaise

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Eltham
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom G Excellent 4x4
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Thank you. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997   Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Fridge wiring diagram SUper Custom 1997
Page 1 of 1