Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

some liittle advice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rthr
rthr

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Cainta , Philippines
Registration date : 2007-09-06

some liittle advice Empty
PostSubject: some liittle advice   some liittle advice Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:45 pm

Just bought super custom 3.0 1kz. Want to know where can a get a copy of manual of super custom? I'm planning to have a change oil and i'm asking you guys what kind of oil will i buy and how many liters? This is my nmfirst time to make a change oil with this unit. What brand is best? Is it okay to buy nmobil synthetic? how many months will i make a change oil again? Need your advice gusys. Thanks in advance. Rolling Eyes [b]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: some liittle advice   some liittle advice Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 10:22 pm

Hello Art..

I have checked the JPNZ owners manual and there is NO mention of the type of oil or the quantity.

I have not changed mine yet so am just as interested as you.

Page 345, 346 and 347 of the engine manual gives some advice about the different oils (with temperature variations) and also some part numbers for the filter.

The 1KZ- TE engine manual can be found here.

http://www.freewebs.com/groucho21/Engine%20Manual/1KZ%2DTE.pdf

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
rthr
rthr

PostSubject: Re: some liittle advice   some liittle advice Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:00 am

Bro,

Thanks for your response and advice. Ok, I will look at that website you told me. God bless.

from,

Arthur
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: some liittle advice   some liittle advice Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 9:57 am

ive had mine a few years now with no engine problems(and its the less reliable 2.4).i was given some advice off someone who had run imports(turbo diesels) for a few years.he said to use a good semi synthetic and to change the oil regular(between 3-5k).i have done this and have not had any probs so far Very Happy .i usually buy 2 gallons and it takes a little bit of the second gallon.i have regularly used miller oil and their diesel additive and would reccomend it however it is an english firm and would think you will struggle getting it out there.heres a link to there site http://www.millersoils.net/index2.html
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: some liittle advice   some liittle advice Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 6:23 pm

On my 2.8ltr 3L engine there is a label (In Japanese) 10-30SAE.
However I use 15-40SAE and using a change time of between 3-5000 Kilometers and appears no detriment to the engine.
Millers diesel additive is also a good habit to get into, especially if you use Veggie Oil, it keeps the piston rings from being gummed up on cold mornings, and the resultant high consumption of oil.
I speak from bitter experience!!
Back to top Go down
Clockman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-13

PostSubject: Re: some liittle advice   some liittle advice Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:50 pm

I have used Castrol for the last 50 years in everything motorized I have owned. Never a problem. What can't speak can't lie.
Back to top Go down
rthr
rthr

PostSubject: roof rack   some liittle advice Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:32 am

To all my guys,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I will think about your ideas. I have another concern. This is regarding the roof rack. I need your advice if it is ok for a super custom 3.0 d to have a roof rack? My van has a sun roof and moon roof, I saw one while I'm driving. What brand is best. But, I'm curious if it is possible because I don't usually see super custom van with roof rack. Regarding the mileage of my van, will there be a disadvantage? Somebody told me that my van will have a hard time while in motion and make my mileage will be damage. Just waiting for your response. Thanks.

Arthur
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some liittle advice   some liittle advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some liittle advice
Page 1 of 1