Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello, and advice please.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
keertiji

Number of posts : 4
Home City : auckland
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Hello, and advice please. Empty
PostSubject: Hello, and advice please.   Hello, and advice please. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi there to all you hiace fans - i am not yet an owner or a fan but i am anticipating that i soon will be.

i am a brit but i live in NZ and i have all but sealed a deal for an '89 2L petrol super custom 4x4 with hi and low ratio.

the body work is mint and the engine seems pretty good too.

it has done 190.000kms and i was wondering if there is anyone out there who might give me any tips, heads up or knowledge on what to look out for that might need to be taken care of on a van of it's age and any other general bits and bobs.

thanks, happy travels![b]
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and advice please.   Hello, and advice please. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Any service history?

If not look for clean filters that will tell you if they have been changed recently. Check tyre wear and beware of two new tyres on the front, easy to hide steering problems with new rubber!
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and advice please.   Hello, and advice please. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Can't help with the block too much as most are diesel. But curtesy of the regulars on here, here is a summary of some of teh more common issues that have been spoken of...

Check out the suspension, particularly if it has tems, does it work, on that age it will be manual.

Centre roof lights can go - circuit board, not expensive to fix, but you'll have to fashion something.

Bodywork wise, check the rear door, does the lock work ok, the mechanism inside has been known to break an dits a pain to get it open and while you are there check around the window rubber for rust.

The curtains can fail, not uncommon for the pulley to break, not a biggie though...

Other than that, normal stuff for something of this age, check electrics etc, check brakes, etc...

Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, and advice please.   Hello, and advice please. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, and advice please.
Page 1 of 1