Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi all, new here & need some advice :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Empty
PostSubject: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Hello, Fiona here.
Busy mum to 4 kids, live in the blue mountains.

Yesterday we went to look at an elgrand. But walked away putting a deposit on this http://uniquemotors.shopforcars.com.au/Detail.aspx?StockID=3804
I really like the room the hiace offers.
Thing is, I have come home & started to look into them more & I amwondering if its over priced. What do you think?

WHat should I be looking for in these cars to tell if its a good buy/price.

Also what should come as standard with it. Like can I ask them to put an immobiliser in it? Do they need that to get insurance on them?

Any help would be great Smile Thank you
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 am

It's on the high side but then if it's in good condition and if you have a guarantee, well it could be worth it. The problem with the ElGrande is parts. The only unique parts on a Super Custom are ligghts and bumpers, most other thinmgs are avialbel from your local Toyota dealer. Make sure it has been serviced since coming from japan as they tend to do a lot of stop start driving and the oil sludges up. So ask for evidence of oil change and new filter.
Insurance is up to you but there are other comments on this website.
Rex
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:13 am

Thanks for that. I might ask them to toss in a few extra's like the immobiliser to justify the higher price. Its ok but has its faults.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 am

What faults? Shouldn't have faults at that price? Sorry about spelling!!!!
Rex
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:32 am

umm just cosmetic things, cig burns on the interior um the parking sensors are missing the little caps..
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 am

Im going to get an independent inspection done on it.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:35 am

OK good one.
Rex
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:08 am

Hi Fiona, welcome! The link you put up isn't working for me so i cant see what your looking at. One basic things you can look for is the condition of the interior, look at the drivers seat, floor carpets and brake peddle for excessive wear, good examples with low miles should be near new looking inside and out ie 2000 model 70,000km's and i think normal prices of around 18 - 20 thousand mark.
Like all import vehicles you will pay a little more for insurance and green slips, not all insurance company's require immobilizers but alot do.
Good luck and hope this helps a bit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 am

Thanks, I wonder if they have taken the llink down seems I have put a deposit.
but you can still see it ont he main menu its the TOYOTA HIACE
1996 - TOYOTA HIACE SUPER CUSTOM 2 TONE Brown/grey
81,795Kms for $18,990.
I think I need to have another closer look at it. Over all it is nice inside. No obvious signs of excessive wear, although my husband said there are a fair few cig burns on the arm rest on the doors. Outside is nice too. Main thing that stood out was the parking sensors. the little cap thing is missing on the front ones ( I think the rear also)
Gah I really didn't do a verygood check over this car. DH did.. I think
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:19 am

Hay looks real good from the photo's i see. Think they are asking a little too much $$ though. Just try and haggle them down as much as you can, i bought mine a few years ago same color 1999 4wd model 84,000km mint condition for 18,500 and they were asking 22,000 - Told them they were dreaming! haha.

Anyway even at that price you cant go wrong with a Super Custom! cheers
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:14 am

He seems set on the price. Im going to try & get him to toss in a few things.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Thery all seem set on price until you start to walk away. there are huge margins in these things for dealers, the prices in Japan are very low. My dealer dropped $2,000 of the list price 3 years ago.
Rex
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:16 am

I 'will see how I go. Im not very good at talking the price down.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:26 am

Yes that's what they count on. Try 'I think I need to take a look at some others to compare value' They don't like you walking away and get into the clutches of other salesmen! Or 'I have looked at one down the road for $2k less can you match the price?' Or "I think $17k is a more realistic price for this model at this age and condition" Hope this helps
Rex
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:07 am

I did ring yesterday & question why it seemed higher priced then others. He went on about how its a super custom G, has airbags & electric sunroof etc etc. That those things are not in the others I would be looking at...
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:20 am

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8106532&__Ntt=super%20custom&__Qpb=true&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=super%20custom&__N=834%201216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294962861%204294962534&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&seot=1&__Ntk=CarAll&silo=1011&Cr=7&__Nne=15&trecs=20&__D=super%20custom&__sid=127B0A8CEBAA
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 am

or this
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7212698&keywords=super%20custom&__Ntk=CarAll&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__No=15&__D=super%20custom&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=127B0A8CEBAA&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294962861%204294962534&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Cr=0&__Ntt=super%20custom&trecs=20&__Qpb=true
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 am

hmmmmmmmmmm yes
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Sad Finance didn't go through.. Looks like I am stuck with the kia for a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: I STILL DON'T HAVE ONE BUT !!   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 am

Hello Fiona and a very big welcome to you also cheers I have just bought a 2000 super custom 4x4 and it has 42.ooo k's on the clock and was $20.ooo and that was immoboliser and central locking was put in new tyres all the oils and filters changed trucked to me in QLD also at that price ( THE ONLY THING THE DEALER HAS BEEN A BIT SLOW TO GET ALL WHAT HE HAD TO AND REGO BUT WILL BE SENT ON THE 24TH ("YAHOO") iNSURANCE was no trouble Justcars were 475 and Shannons was $375 cheers If you would like to know my dealer please send a email i am sure you can do better all his cars have around 40.000K's Drummer If you need any help will be no trouble OH! just about the dealer i did tell him there was no rush!! Laughing
With the immoboliser the insurance people will give you a better price if you have one i found affraid
Hope this is of some help?? lol!

Last edited by TINMAN on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: BAD NEWS VERY SORRY!!   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 am

Embarassed "BUGGAR" affraid affraid
Sorry to hear you news Fiona!! Raining

Last edited by TINMAN on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:00 am

Good work WERX!!
Back to top Go down
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:36 am

Fiona sunny i did get onto Mike and had a chat with him for you so hope he can do better for you and hope it all works out all the very best~~ cheers
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 am

Finance has got a lot tougher since the GFC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new here & need some advice :D   Hi all, new here & need some advice :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi all, new here & need some advice :D
Page 1 of 1