Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Empty
PostSubject: Changing KPH to MPH speedo face   Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:32 am

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image001-1

Here's a how to guide to replacing the kph speedo face with an mph one.

I got the face from HERE on Ebay

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image012

Removing the 70s imitation wood dash is a bit tricky - you need to remove the ingition key cover to gain access to the lower screw and the right hand fresh air face vent to access the other - that's the hidden one! The other 2 screws are obvious in the speedo cluster area. Be prepared for a few scratches when wiggling the "wood" out (ooo er missus Laughing )

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image005-1

4 screws attach the speedo cluster to the dash, then separate the perspex outer from the cluster

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image013-1

At this point you could remove the offending buzzer relay, it's a push fit into the cluster. No more reversing buzzer trying to confuse my reversing beepers in the bumper! cheers

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image004 Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image005

Using 2 teaspoon handles, carefully prise off the needle by applying equal pressure to opposite sides, remove the 2 crosshead screws and replace the kph with the mph face. Remember to change over the needle stop (it's a tight push fit into the face - there's a hole in the new face for it.

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image006 Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image008

Refit the perspex front panel and refit in the opposite order, remember to bring the hazard light switch cable out before refitting the speedo cluster Embarassed

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image022

Job done Very Happy my only annoyance is the 120 mph partially showing - if I'd realised that I'd have used some black electrical tape to blank it off - not planning on doing 120mph, at least not til I install Marty's powerplant Twisted Evil The mph plate is designed for a Hiace Powervan but apart from that slight niggle, I'm chuffed! Very Happy

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Image023
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing KPH to MPH speedo face   Changing KPH to MPH speedo face Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:47 am

Good one mate. Well done 
Anyone got the woodgrain dash forsale?  Our bit is missing. Centre bit is OK
Back to top Go down

Changing KPH to MPH speedo face
Page 1 of 1