Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where is the weight plate??

Go down 
+3
trevor999
alfazar
anthonyj
7 posters
AuthorMessage
anthonyj
Not so new now
Not so new now
anthonyj

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Nottingham UK
Model and year : SC cruising cabin 1997
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Where is the weight plate?? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:52 pm

I have looked under the passenger seat and there is a plate there which says GVM on it but no nos

Underneath it says Trans/Axle A340F G292

Does that mean anything?

Am I right this is a 3000Kg van max? mine is long wheelbase, any chance it could be 3200Kg?

Have emtied the hot water system and the canned food out and saved 50Kg but I could still do with more payload.

Any help appreciated - email me if you want anthonypjohn@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Anthony
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:53 pm

The codes you mentioned are only for the transmission and rear axle (type, size, ratios etc.)

I cant find a weight code either and my MOT tester was looking for it too.
Back to top Go down
anthonyj
Not so new now
Not so new now
anthonyj

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Nottingham UK
Model and year : SC cruising cabin 1997
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:44 am

Did you have any trouble with the MOT tester as a result?

Mine has had 2 UK MOTS before with the previous owner so I am hoping I won't have any trouble when its my turn in June.

I have come to the conclusion that if the vehicle looks like its loaded ok and feels ok when driving then it probably is ok. After all no one seems to be able to say what the top load should be - including Toyota.
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:13 am

The van MOT'd no problem. The tester asked me where the weight plate was, neither of us could find it, but then he said it didn't really matter anyway, which seemed odd?
I think it's only a big deal if it was being tested as a goods vehicle or a minicab. Mine is taxed Private/light goods (PLG).

I'm in Northern Ireland, so it's same as a GB vosa test but our test centres are purpose built govt buildings, not garage based as in GB. Our testers have a reputation of being pretty strict and things like brakes, shocks and headlights seem to be judged by a computer. The only slightly unusual thing was that he had to move the van into a different test lane because van is 4wd; needed to use a different set of rollers for the brake test. The van had previously been MOT'd in England.

From looking around the web I can only see a few references to GVW. Most seem to be around the 2800kg mark. The newer UK spec 1995> Hiace with the engine out front is 2800kg SWB and 3000kg for the LWB.

There are Unladed weights on this site if it's any help.
http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/hiace/
Back to top Go down
trevor999
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Caerphilly South Wales
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: gvw   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi
Have you tried your local caravan dealer found some pretty hopeful

Trev
Back to top Go down
jumoto
jumoto

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Halle, Germany
Model and year : KZH100 Supercustom G 1996 3.0TD EFI
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:31 am

what does private/light goods mean? do you pay less taxes?
what is the rear axle load for the g292 in the 1996 hiace supercustom? does anyone have a copy of his mot where i can see the rear axle load?

many thanks
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:17 pm

If its any use I put my long wheelbase semi hitop camper on the scales last week and it tipped in at 2460kg. Thats before ading the tins of food!
Back to top Go down
gg66

Number of posts : 6
Home City : na
Registration date : 2012-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:16 am

Hi,

I was also looking for the location of the wright plate but can't find it. I have an export cert which has some details and may be of use to someone else on the same search.

Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin - long wheel base
Model: U-LH129V
Vehicle Weight - 2540
Gross vehicle weight - 2870
Lenght - 545
Width 169
Height - 258
F.F. Axle Load - 1230
R.R. Axle load 1310

Back to top Go down
gg66

Number of posts : 6
Home City : na
Registration date : 2012-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Has anyone managed to find official verification of the GVW

Inspector refused to pass my cruising cabin without confirmation from Toyota who say they can't provide it for japanese imports

Tested fine before so this is a pain
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Did you find this in the end? ISTR it's under the carpet on top of the front wheel arch on the passenger side?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the weight plate??   Where is the weight plate?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the weight plate??
Page 1 of 1