Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vin plate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Vin plate  Empty
PostSubject: Vin plate    Vin plate  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 11:10 am

This is a request for UK members only , we have a SC campervan it is an import and on checking its vin plate there is no total train wight or any wights displayed , it has a tow bar . However according to DVLA towing is not possible without a train wight on the vin plate . After googling this problem it appears most people are unaware of this problem, some say fine as long as you do not speed keep your equipment up to scratch do not obviously over load the police will not bother you. However the police are checking trailers for overloading and checking vin plates. For me any fine or points on my licence would be a downer but what we all should be concerned about is the insurance implications, in an accident should a third party be injured or even die the bill could be millions the insurance company could easily void the insurance leaving you with the bill loosing every penny you have. My question is how do I plate my sc to make it legal , I have contacted one company who upgraded the plate on my sons motorhome and am waiting there reply.
Back to top Go down

Vin plate
Page 1 of 1