Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's this 'plug plate'?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 286
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

What's this 'plug plate'? Empty
PostSubject: What's this 'plug plate'?   What's this 'plug plate'? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 10:54 am

Hi,

I have a petrol 2RZ-E engine and I'm going to install a watchdog. I've got a two source device so I'm going to try a few different locations to ensure I pick one that's looking accurate.

I have a provisional location that's next to the water outlet but I've no idea what it's for. There are two bolts holding a 'plug plate' next to the water outlet. It covers a hole in the head that makes the timing chain visible. It seems a good place to try but I was curious as to what it's for?

What's this 'plug plate'? Screen12

What's this 'plug plate'? Screen11

What's this 'plug plate'? Screen10
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What's this 'plug plate'?   What's this 'plug plate'? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 11:26 am

I don't think that does anything, even as a way of looking at the timing chain it's a bit daft when you can take the rocker cover off.

My bet is that it's for some component that your van doesn't have so they could use the same mold for a cylinder head. Maybe someone can tell you what they've got there to confirm my suspicions.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What's this 'plug plate'?   What's this 'plug plate'? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 11:30 pm

Going by the diagram it looks possibly like an access to the chain tensioner. ??

No wait, is the tensioner the one below it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's this 'plug plate'?   What's this 'plug plate'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's this 'plug plate'?
Page 1 of 1