Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
12MBert
12MBert

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Ashland, OR
Model and year : 1994 Hiace Super Custom
Registration date : 2024-02-23

High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Empty
PostSubject: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 2:38 am

Hello forumites!

A little backstory - my 'Ace has had a fueling issue that is causing a no-start.

In an update to my Hiace's problems, the shop thinks that it's the high pressure fuel pump that went out. Does anyone have any solid links to posts/videos that go over how to tell if that's the problem? I read on a few posts that the engine might not even have to be dropped to get to it - it might be in a wheel well?

Also - I have found a few examples on Ebay and am not sure if what I'm looking at is the right part. Any and all assistance is appreciated! I can give more context, explanations, or photos if anyone would find it helpful.

Thanks,
Milo B
'94 Hiace, 1KZ-TE
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 282
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 8:30 am

Hi - which engine do you have? If it's the 3litre turbo (1KZ-TE), then there's a manual here: https://www.hiacesoutheast.com/hiace-manuals

Looks like there's instructions on page 311 - if that's the pump that's the issue. if its an earlier model - the other link to the manuals on that page should help too. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 8:35 am

if it is the 3 litre turbo - does this help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkx056IHtkw
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 8:40 am

And if you can speak cockney https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CGvMwZ3Pxs
Back to top Go down
12MBert
12MBert

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 12:59 pm

Thank you g00se - I appreciate it. It is the 1kz-te. I will check all of that out!
Back to top Go down
12MBert
12MBert

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 6:26 pm

g00se - thank you. I got the chance to go through all of what you sent and it looks like page 311 on the manual is the ticket! Have you ever pulled the Injection Pump (IP) before? I'm wondering if the engine will have to be dropped... sure hope not. Will get to that soon!

Milo
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

RZH101G

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm

No - I can't help with specific advice I'm afraid - I've got a petrol Super Custom.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 8:01 am

I have had my IP out with engine in situ no problem High ace SC but its easy to make all required test with it in place, pull an injector , check timing , etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis   High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Pressure Fuel Pump / Fuel Injection Pump diagnosis
Page 1 of 1