Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

injection pump leak

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hiace413
hiace413

Number of posts : 2
Home City : philippines
Registration date : 2011-01-05

injection pump leak    Empty
PostSubject: injection pump leak    injection pump leak    Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:39 pm

greetings from the philippines..

I have a SC with 2LTE imported from japan. my problem is every time I start my engine in the morning I see diesel fuel leak on the floor of our garage. I traced the leak and saw it coming from the top of the injection pump. My fuel consumption now is very bad. Anybody here experienced the same problem? your help would be pretty much appreciated. TIA

Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: injection pump leak    injection pump leak    Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:10 pm

It could be a few things. First check that the diesel return flow pipe coming off the injectors isn't blocked. To do this, with the engine running pull off fuel pipe where it goes back to the pump there should be diesel coming from there. If not then the leakback pipe nuts have been overtightened.

Second it could be the o rings on the fuel pump are dead (are you using bio-diesel?)

If not the first then most likely the second solution.

If not these them maybe injectors blocked but unlikely because it is running.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
hiace413
hiace413

Number of posts : 2
Home City : philippines
Registration date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: injection pump leak    injection pump leak    Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:51 am

Thank you for the information. I accidentally filled it with bio-diesel so i guest that explains it. i have it checked right away. thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: injection pump leak    injection pump leak    Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 am

The issue with bio is that it the o rings swell in mineral diesel and not in biodiesel. So if you put normal diesel back in hopefully the o rings will swell up and reseal. You can get o rings now that overcome this problem. Otherwise the only other thing to do with biodiesel is to change the fuel filter after a 1000ish miles cause the bio will bring the gunk up from the tank and block it. After that time though you'd probably be ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: injection pump leak    injection pump leak    Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

injection pump leak
Page 1 of 1