Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

howl do you remove the injection pump?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kiwisteve74

Number of posts : 19
Home City : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-07

howl do you remove the injection pump? Empty
PostSubject: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:35 am

Well after 6 hours trying to remove the injection pump im still no further ahead. Looking at the toyota 1kz manual the pump is obviously designed to come off when the motor is out. It took me 5min to unhook all the fuel lines and associated plugs and connectors, 5 hours to remove the rear mounting bracket bolts and after trying to fit a hammer down the front to tap the pulley off i managed to smash a hole in the radiator.

what am i doing wrong?? How can i get the pulley off? does the radiator have to come out?? you cant get a puller between the pulley and radiator??

Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:21 pm

On other pumps the pulley has threaded holes, find two bolts that fit, flat bar with two holes placed accross the shaft with the nut back on tighten the two bolts alternatively and it should pop off!
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Maybe this will help
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199409_TOYOTA_HIACE_KZH100G-MFPQT_2202.html
Back to top Go down
kiwisteve74

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 am

ok, so i got it out, fitted the so called "reconditioned" pump but there is no fuel to the injectors? any ideas?
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:59 am

I spose you have used the lift pump to prime it . These bloody electronic pumps are a pain in the arse. Too many variables. Old mechanical pump you primed,bled, spill timed and away ya went.  
Back to your question have you checked the faults on the chip (the codes are here somewhere)  to make sure that it is playing the game.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:00 pm

All wires connected?

Have you released on of the injector pipes to see if any fuel is getting there?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery to reset the the ECU.

Is it a definite like for like pump?
Back to top Go down
kiwisteve74

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:50 am

Turned out i had left one of the resistor plugs off. I plugged it in and its away. Power for africa!!!

2 years of no power and its like someone has dropped a F1 car engine into it!! Very Happy

hard to believe i posted this in may 2009:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t835-1kz-te-super-custom-fault-loss-of-power
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 pm

I want another one, once my house move is over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: howl do you remove the injection pump?   howl do you remove the injection pump? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

howl do you remove the injection pump?
Page 1 of 1