Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OBD or not OBD and init string Torque app and RealDash app

Go down 
AuthorMessage
geoffreyKZH138V
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : Moffat Beach
Registration date : 2021-09-05

OBD or not OBD and init string Torque app and RealDash app Empty
PostSubject: OBD or not OBD and init string Torque app and RealDash app   OBD or not OBD and init string Torque app and RealDash app Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2021 4:48 am

The diagnostic port under the dash of my 2001 super custom fits a Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor.

Of course it won’t connect to the ECU. Before anyone says “it won’t ever” read on....

A chap who had designed an OBD1 bluetooth adaptor and app ...ToyOBD says that if a Toyota port has SIL pin on the pin out ..then it is OBD2 http://jfbreton.blogspot.com/2014/02/toyobd1-android-datalogger-what-engines.html  

Googling tells me that SIL pin is pin 7

My 2001 Super custom has a pin 7...interesting.

Then I learn that not all OBD2 protocols are the same.... each requiring an initialisation sequence and set parameters.
Here is an example of how someone got a JDM Corolla to work by going into the advanced settings of the Torque app to insert an initialisation string ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8113F1 \n ATSP A4 \n ATSW00

So question is, what is the initialisation string for a 2001 Super Custom ?

Interesting notes on the initialisation string can be found for the torque app can be found here:

Interesting notes on the initialisation string can be found for the realdash app can be found here:
Back to top Go down

OBD or not OBD and init string Torque app and RealDash app
Page 1 of 1