Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hiace 3l diesel problems

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiace 3l diesel problems   Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:50 pm

The cable needs adjusting that connects the gearbox and throttle. Only needs a mm or two.
Have a search on kick down cable or gearbox bowden cable adjustment.
I would take it back and get them to adjust it.
As for the judder I wouldn't connect a head problem with that, but who knows.......
Back to top Go down
burnie1000

Number of posts : 16
Home City : newcastle upon tyne
Registration date : 2013-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Hiace 3l diesel problems   Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi Clive, Thanks for the heads up on the cable I will let you know how it goes. I'm wary about the judder too but will find out in good time I'm sure. If you know anyone breaking one I need 2 x sun visors for this van.

Back to top Go down
burnie1000

PostSubject: Re: Hiace 3l diesel problems   Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Update on the campervan. The judder continued pulling away in 1st and again in 2nd on this automatic box. Had the gearbox removed and totally stripped down by an auto trans place here in Newcastle. £1550 later and it seems to be ok now. Put a new kick down cable on it too. 1st run out today and the red A/T oil Temp light came on the dash. I waited till it cooled and the light didnt go off so hoping its just a temp switch. The oil seemed bright red and no burning smell. Will have to get Toyota to order me one. So does any one want a Hiace Reimo Campervan??
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Hiace 3l diesel problems   Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:14 pm

In a hundred thousand miles time you be glad that you kept it!
Back to top Go down
burnie1000

PostSubject: Re: Hiace 3l diesel problems   Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:38 am

Ok who knows what the flat radiator does under the front of the Hiace. Put a digital temp gauge on the campervan as new head so dont want to take any chance. Today on its first 65 mile test drive I noticed the temp was around 90-94 deg. You can see the temp drop by 4-5 deg when the thermostat opens. On a long uphill stretch I noticed the temp went up to 98 deg, I quickly put all heaters on to cool the engine and eased off the gas. Is this ok to go that high?? I'm also wondering what the 2nd radiator is for under the front of the van, is this also part of the cooling system? It has a big electric fan on the top and I'm wondering if it's not cutting in. If anyone can shine any light on this subject I would be grateful. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Hiace 3l diesel problems   Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 am

A/C condenser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiace 3l diesel problems   Hiace 3l diesel problems - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiace 3l diesel problems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2