Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ACU21345

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Vancouver
Registration date : 2021-08-12

A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE Empty
PostSubject: A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE   A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 3:44 am

Hi, I'm sure all these questions have been previously answered, but I am new to this forum and am soon to be picking up 95 Hiace Super, AWD, w/ 1 KZTE & Auto. trans.

Any help is much appreciated:

-Filter numbers (Air, Fuel, Trans, Engine)
-recommended Engine oil rating for weather ranging from -15 to +30  ( perhaps 10W30 or 5W30)
-type of spare fuses to buy before pick up vehicle
-how many grease points on driveline, shafts, and do I need to take off any plates/guards?
-75W90 Synthetic for T-case and Diff?
-Coolant type?
-Transmission oil type?

Previous owner doesn't even know type of oil in Engine or any others, so I want to order prior to pick-up

Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE   A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 2:46 am

Engine Oil: Yep, at those temps 10W30 or 5W30 for mineral oil but if you're expecting -15C synthetic could be a good choice but I've found the classic 1KZ cold engine idle rattle can be a bit noisier on synthetic.
Trans fluid: Dexron 3 mineral
Power Steering: Dexron 3 ATF (Do not use power steering fluid. Can lead to failed seals.)
Front and rear diff: 80W90 GL5 or 75W90 GL5 (front diff will require a cut-down socket to access fill plug.)
Center diff: 75W90 GL5 Syn
Engine oil filter: Z334
Air filter: A1314
Fuel filter: Z252X
Trans Filter: Cleanable steel mesh
Coolant: Toyota Red Concentrate (buy from Toyota dealer)

Google the workshop manual for 1KZ-TE and download.

ACU21345 likes this post

Back to top Go down
imants
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 35
Home City : Tokyo
Model and year : Super Custom 2004
1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE   A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 4:07 am

Hi.
I switched over to synthetic 10W-30 diesel oil 10 years ago and it has been working fine, no rattles here during winter starts. No oil consumption either over life of oil. From memory, 10W-30 is OEM recommendation/requirement.
Regards ATF. I switched over to gasoline station brand synthetic ATF. This ATF was marked as "universal" synthetic ATF, so to be sure I called manufacturer and confirmed if it is compatible with Dextron III. They claimed that it is and took the leap of faith. Significant improvements in switching between gears. It absolutely smooth switching now, but before it was not. I switched over 70,000 km ago/6 years. I simply could not find any synthetic Dextron III ATF in my area and that's why I went this route
Same ATF I use for power steering.
Gear oil for differentials/transfer case is recommended 75W90. I use synthetic type.

For coolant I use Toyota's OEM Super Long Life coolant, pink color. This coolant has 5 years service life and since changing coolant on this vehicle is quite a project... I decided to go with SLL OEM coolant.

The 1KZ-TE shop manual you can find on web is good for work on engine. It does not cover transmission/transfer/differentials. For diagrams on those areas you might need to chat up your local Toyota dealership or try to look for DIY tutorials on some of the Australian Toyota Prado forums. Prado's have similar drive train/brakes etc with HiAce...

Also, some of the websites selling OEM parts will have correct part diagrams matched with your VIN. But there will be no step by step repair/service guides.

ACU21345 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE   A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 4:58 am

The Aisin A340E transmission used in this model Super Custom is used in a crap-ton of vehicles in North America from the Supra to Lexus to the Sequoia to the Tacoma to Isuzu and more and more. Even Volvo used it.  There’s a matching crap-ton of info, manuals, diagnostic advice & parts online.

ACU21345 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE   A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few Questions: 95 Hiace AWD Diesel 1KZ-TE
Page 1 of 1