Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driver's seat not returning to previous position...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Driver's seat not returning to previous position... Empty
PostSubject: Driver's seat not returning to previous position...   Driver's seat not returning to previous position... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:17 am

Hi all,

recently I took out the driver's seat by undoing the 4 bolts, tilting the seat sideways and unplugging the wiring harness underneath before lifting the seat out. I reinstalled the seat by reconnecting the wiring harness and doing up the 4 bolts.

However, now when I put the key into the ignition, the seat doesn't return to the previous driving position as it did before I took the seat out. When I remove the key, the seat still goes to the furthest position back.

Any ideas what's happening? It's a bit annoying having to manually move the seat back to the driving position each time I go for a drive.
cheers,

Werner
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat not returning to previous position...   Driver's seat not returning to previous position... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:26 am

It should reset to the last setting, at least ours does. I have it right back anyway but the last time someone else drove it I had to reset it back
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat not returning to previous position...   Driver's seat not returning to previous position... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Before I took the seat out, it reset back to the last position I had set it to, but since taking the seat out, it doesn't want to go back to its previous position when you start her up scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver's seat not returning to previous position...   Driver's seat not returning to previous position... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver's seat not returning to previous position...
Page 1 of 1