Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Won't rev: Throttle position sensor v wiring harness v ECU

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NashvilleSuperCustom

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Nashville, TN, USA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited (Living Saloon)
2-lte Diesel 2wd
Registration date : 2022-12-01

Won't rev: Throttle position sensor v wiring harness v ECU Empty
PostSubject: Won't rev: Throttle position sensor v wiring harness v ECU   Won't rev: Throttle position sensor v wiring harness v ECU Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 9:57 pm

1993 SCL 2L-TE 2wd turbo diesel

Hi all!

THE PROBLEM: when I put the van in drive or reverse, it inches on it's own but is unresponsive to throttle (no revving in park, neutral, or in gear. Engine was rough, but grounding the throttle position sensor smoothed it out.

A mechanic replaced the throttle position sensor, the throttle body.

Using a multimeter, there is an apparent short from the tps wiring harness to some unknown terminal between the transmission and floorboard.

Another Hiace acquaintance suggests the ECU may be the culprit, but I'll have to tow it home to work on the ECU as the mechanic is claiming he doesn't want to be liable for ECU damage.

Additionally, can I access the wiring above the transmission through the floor rather than by taking off the transmission?

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down

Won't rev: Throttle position sensor v wiring harness v ECU
Page 1 of 1