Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEW Fuel Consumption

Go down 
+4
wernerk
snd.wave~
AussieQ
tamarack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

NEW Fuel Consumption  Empty
PostSubject: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:56 am

just ran down the tank to almost when the warning light goes on after filling it last time.

Put in 56.2 L of low sulfur diesel at 1.33 CAD
581 Km on tripometer

This equals 10.33 kpl or 29.14 mpg, which is better than I thought. Keeping in mind this is with an almost empty van traveling at 80 km/hr on almost flat paved roads, I'm quite impressed.

(see repost under 3L fuel consumption in Grease Monkey section)

Last edited by tamarack on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Hope it keeps up for you mate. I don't think I get anywhere near that Smile  When I was still working it out it was closer to 20mpg.
Back to top Go down
snd.wave~
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:46 am

I get 17 L/pkm around town, and 12 L/pkm on the highway. That's with just me as the extra weight.
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 am

I have now refilled the tank twice and have driven mainly around town. Have calculated 14.4 & 14.1 L/100km (19.7 & 20.1 mpg), a bit harsh when you are used to 10 L/100km around town Crying or Very sad

I did replace the fuel & air filters during that last tank, so the economy may not be an accurate reflection, one can only hope it will improve slightly Smile

This coming weekend, the van will go on it's first real road trip outside the metro area cheers , so it will be interesting to see how much fuel it uses. Will have to do a few of these trips to calculate average fuel used to be able to budget for a road trip to Cairns later in the year.

I'm planning on removing the middle row of seats and replacing them with a collapsable table come bottom end bed support so that I am able to fit my fridge in.

Probably when not camping, I'll remove all unnecessary items to reduce the weight.

Cheers,

Werner
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi,
I look for 300 miles from a tankful.. Works out to low 20s per Imperial Gallon. that's in a SLWB Hi-Top (ie bigger than most). Tend to drive at a reasonable pace, too- 60-70 mph on motorways. I expect we'd do quite a bit better for fuel, if not time, if we slowed down.
With the trailer on it gets worse- triple stack boat trailer with two or three Optimist sailing dinghies and a lower box for kit... It's not the most aerodynamically efficient of rigs!!

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:11 am

best i ever managed was 36 , man was this boring , never to be repeated , worst was the other day dragging a trailer with a car on it ( toyota celica gt4 ) where i was getting 17 mpg , for our ozzie friends thats 16/100k or a bloody lot of fuel
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 am

Took the van away for the weekend on it's maiden camping trip. Filled up 43.6L for 347km = 12.6 L/100km or 35 mpg.

Much happier as this included highway travel, some playing around in sand (photos to come) as well as "hill climbing" between Murray Bridge & Crafers.

I did notice the engine appeared to be a bit noisier going up the hills, but then it was running at around 2100 rpm which appears to be a resonance frequency. Have noticed a simliar phenomenon in the 4runner at a similar rpm.

Had to remove 5.1kg of sand from all the nooks & crannies underneath when I got home and it wasn't much fun being rained on by sand when removing the bash plates!!
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 am

I think that my calculations were a bit out as 12.6 L/100km = 22.6 mpg. Been a while since I converted L/100km to mpg...
Back to top Go down
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:31 am

the uk used 4.5 liters to a gallon so itsssssssssss

100 klms = 62 miles

62/ 12.6 .... bugger calc time , call it 4.92

so 4.92 x 4.5 = 22.14

so 22.14 mpg which sounds about right to me , i normally get around that , i tend to travel at the 2500 rpm mark all the time given im either belting around the twists in the countryside where i live or hammering up the motorway
Back to top Go down
urantia

Number of posts : 18
Home City : Perth
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom living saloon
4wd, 1kz
Registration date : 2011-05-20

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 am

10.6litre per 100km's highway driving here. Am i the winner? Very Happy (4wd 97 auto super custom)

I was getting about 12-14Litres per 100km's when i first got the van.
I kept strict logs on fuel usage when i drove from melbourne to Perth recently

I have run a few bottles of that toyota injector cleaner thru the system and that caltex premium diesel. i think its improved things permantly to some degree (removing deposits maybe)

but the biggest difference was when i got new Yokohama geolander HT tires, and pumped them up to 44psi.
Also i think 90-100km/h is the sweet spot. Thats how i am getting a consistent 10.6L/100Km on the highway now.
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:04 am

Have just come back from a London—Scottish Highlands—London trip.

We're getting between 10km/ltr and 11km/ltr. It seems happiest at 60—70 mph motorway driving.

The 11km/ltr was on the London—Manchester leg and was almost all motorway.

Ours is a '92 2.8 diesel. Just had a new injector pump but the mileage was still around 10-ish to the liter before that.

Edit: As the clock is in KMs and the fuel is sold as liters I'm not going to bother with conversion.
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 pm

excellent at that speed with a camper. Did you go Glasgow to Oban? That road is hilly and winding. I'm still waiting for the work to be done on the injection pump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Fuel Consumption     NEW Fuel Consumption  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW Fuel Consumption
Page 1 of 1