Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Average time for cylinder head removal.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wicklow

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Wellington NZ
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Average time for cylinder  head removal. Empty
PostSubject: Average time for cylinder head removal.   Average time for cylinder  head removal. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:32 am

I have a 96 3lt supercustom. Can someone tell me what the average time would be to remove and replace a cylinder head. I have a replacement all ready to bolt in. Some of the hours quoted to me appears ridiculous by some of the mechanical shops.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Average time for cylinder  head removal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average time for cylinder head removal.   Average time for cylinder  head removal. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 am

If you know what you are doing, as a home mechanic without air tools, half a day. If you don't 3 days.
This is without any major problems sheared studs etc..

Do they know that the engine does not have a sepentine timming belt?
Back to top Go down

Average time for cylinder head removal.
Page 1 of 1