Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cylinder Head exchange

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garethmeirion

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Brecon
Registration date : 2014-04-20

Cylinder Head exchange Empty
PostSubject: Cylinder Head exchange   Cylinder Head exchange Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 9:38 am

Hi there
Does anyone know if the AMC exchange head kit supplied by Roughtrax Uk for the Hilux Surf is a replacement for my 1KZ-TE  Super Custom 1995 1KZ-TE 4x4. Otherwise any other relacement head suppliers!!
Thanks
Gareth
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head exchange   Cylinder Head exchange Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi Gareth what was the outcome from this? I am in exactly the same position (although my engine is the non turbo version)
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head exchange   Cylinder Head exchange Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 2:02 pm

Also look and ask on the Hilux forums - they all shared the same engines but there were more Hiluxes made IIRC so the forums are bigger!
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head exchange   Cylinder Head exchange Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 9:45 am

New cylinder head fitted! Back on the road!

It was £500 from Roughtrax - don't know what the garage bill will be for fitting it yet but I took it out for a long drive on Saturday. All seems back to normal - hurray, we have missed the van. At the same time the radiator and rear heating were flushed out. Hope that solves whatever caused the cylinder head to crack.

In the process of this I learned that my engine is not KZ1T but 3L is actually the engine series. Any thoughts/info on the drawbacks (and advantages if any) of this engine, things to watch for, etc?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head exchange   Cylinder Head exchange Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 10:49 am

Great news!!

The 3L is the non turbo - so simpler, easier cooling system but less power.
The usual overheating issue is the fan coupling wearing/drying out so when it is warm you should hear a good roar from that and notice a lot of air being moved if you lift the seat bonnet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cylinder Head exchange   Cylinder Head exchange Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cylinder Head exchange
Page 1 of 1