Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wholesale cylinder head?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Beeaddams

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Katoomba
Registration date : 2018-02-18

Wholesale cylinder head?  Empty
PostSubject: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Hey everyone

I’m needing to buy a new 1KZ cylinder head, for my 1996 turbo diesel automatic. I’ve been quoted $2000 from a person my mechanic has spoken to.
Which is bit much without the added labour yet..

So I’ve looked online at Alibaba.com (China made selling for wholesale)
There’s a few 1KZ but not 100% sure if it means they are suitable.
Does anyone have any advice or experience with this ?
I’m living in Australia.
I know everything we buy as consumers are ^^^Inflated so if I can find a genuine cylinder head and buy it myself, I’d be sooo glad!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 10:38 pm

Have you tried https://www.allfourx4.com.au/ in Newcastle, NSW? I see they list a Hilux with the 1KZ engine. Easier to discuss it with them than with China.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 5:36 pm

Chinese heads can be a total crap-shoot - as in it could be ok, it could be shite. I would not buy one via Ali-Baba or Express. If you want to purchae a new head, go genuine Toyots, yes will be more, byt here in NZ it was only $500 morr than a locally sold Chinese made one.

Having said thst, if I was doing it again I'd go straight to a mechanic/shop thst does these engines and can quote on a head replacement or engine swap. Hilux Surf, Landcruiser Prado, 4-Runner all had this engine so there will be plenty of support out there.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 7:56 pm

As noted, join the 4x4 forums with discussions about 1kz engines as they've done it all before in far greater numbers than Hiace owners - because there's a lot more of them!

OldestP likes this post

Back to top Go down
Beeaddams

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Katoomba
Registration date : 2018-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 1:12 am

Where’s the 4x4 forum at? Do you have a link?

And a any suggestion for a genuine Toyota seller?
I’m trying to cut the middle man and get the cheapest price, obviously.
I’m not attached to alibaba but I’m aware that wholesale happens and I’d like to buy wholesale as it’s way to expensive otherwise!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 10:23 am

Hi! I found them when searching for the 1kz cooling issues, this search turns up some 4x4 forums for the Hilux.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=1kz-te+engine+replacement+head&t=ffab&ia=web

I'd just tend to search for forum posts like yours and lots of 4x4 websites should pop up. For instance when I modified my cooling I found most info about that and the heads on 4x4 sites.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything out of China for a while, you'll have to look for local stock in your country or a new engine, perhaps of a different type. Toyota swapped out common engine types around it's various vehicles so quite a lot fits. Also look at used heads from 1kz-te engines that have been scrapped or crashed, there were quite a number exported to your country.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Suggestions for a genuine Toyota seller? Try your local Toyota dealership parts department. Then try another. If it's the same as here in NZ, dealerships have exclusive buying from Toyota NZ. If you go in and chat it's very likely you can get a wholesale/mechanics' price. Dealerships have monthly sales targets (purchasing targets from Toyota NZ) to meet as a requirement of that exclusivity so any sale is a sale. The whole "Stealership markup" is total bollocks for all my dealings with Toyota. Many, many parts bought new have been cheaper than used! Especially body parts.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 5:52 am

I too have found Toyota to be very helpful and friendly, and many second-hand parts places have high expectations of the value of parts which can't be assured to be in good condition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wholesale cylinder head?    Wholesale cylinder head?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wholesale cylinder head?
Page 1 of 1