Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Speedo Problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kylorda

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Leeds, England
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Problem I'm having is that the digital speedo on my super custom seems to have a mind of its' own. I can be doing 50mph one second, then it drops to 0 then up to 120 without me having moved my accelerator foot one bit.

Anyone had the same problems, or know what causes it.

Many thanks

Dave
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:55 pm

if its in mph then it might have been played with.i think all the imports are in kph.
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:05 am

if these digital speedo's have a cable , sounds like it could be broken to me
Back to top Go down
kylorda

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Leeds, England
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:10 pm

It was in KPH but it has had a relay fitted to change it to mph.had that checked it is ok. was wondering if there was another relay hidden away somewhere.
Thanks
Dave
Back to top Go down
tom

Number of posts : 8
Home City : hertfordshire
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:27 pm

I have a 1993 hiace import and the speedo cable came detached from the gear box resulting in the inner cable disappearing on the motorway. i've replaced the inner cable BUT the speedo now tells me that I'm going 20mph faster than before. Is there some sort of converter/gearing between the gearbox and the speedo cable that may have fallen off at the same time? and if so, where do i get one from? Toyota UK can't help as they don't DO imports and I have drawn a blank everywhere else. Or is the problem in the speedo in the cab which is MPH, I guess it was changed when the van was imported. I'd really appreciate some positive help on this. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Mine has a gear driven adaptor between the box and cable end.....
A bit like this...a bit of searching and you may find a lower price.....very easy to diy fit
http://www.ncs-systems.com/prod/1218
Back to top Go down
tom

Number of posts : 8
Home City : hertfordshire
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:43 am

christine, thankyou so very much for your help. the part is ordered and is hopefully wingings its way to me as i type this message. it's a shame that preston is so far away from watford, 'cos i'd buy you a drink to say thankyou. regards tom x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedo Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo Problems   Speedo Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedo Problems
Page 1 of 1