Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Re the Japanese Radio

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cruising cabin
cruising cabin

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-11-21

Re the Japanese Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re the Japanese Radio   Re the Japanese Radio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:40 pm

I want to replace the radio from Japan (the FM radio doesn't cover all the stations), but I was unable to remove the dash to get to the radio.

Mine is a Hiace LH119V, a Custom camper van. I could only locate two screws which are just above the instrument panel. After loosen the 2 screws, the dash is still solidly attached. Any idea as how to get to the radio?
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Re the Japanese Radio   Re the Japanese Radio Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:59 pm

yes you still have a screw in the air vents which requires to be undone then the dash should just pull away.

dave cheers
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Re the Japanese Radio   Re the Japanese Radio Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:02 am

And it may need some pulling, take it easy and a bit at a time as the plastic lugs can be brittle and snap off.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Re the Japanese Radio   Re the Japanese Radio Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 12:17 pm

If you fit an adapter to the antenna socket, it will work with the Jap radio. I have one on my Jap Panasonic system. I did that as it was a good system and would have cost a lot to replace it to equivalent spec unit. It ties in with the TFT screen which I fitted a mini SD box to. Aux input in the head unit for sound in from the SD box.
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Re the Japanese Radio   Re the Japanese Radio Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:53 pm

you also need to remove the lower panel or at least loosen it off to get to the screw it covers next to the ignition...
Back to top Go down
cruising cabin
cruising cabin

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Re the Japanese Radio   Re the Japanese Radio Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Thank you guys for the tips. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re the Japanese Radio   Re the Japanese Radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re the Japanese Radio
Page 1 of 1