Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

front grille/indicator lamp removal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
motorwaydrifter

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-03

front grille/indicator lamp removal Empty
PostSubject: front grille/indicator lamp removal   front grille/indicator lamp removal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi all.I need to remove the front grille and all related bits before that.I can see the grille is held on with push clips but how the king hell do I get the outer lamps off!!!!I'm an intelligent sort of chap but I must have a blind spot where this is concerned.I assume once I've dine this I can get at the washer jets or am I completely on the wrong track??Help please divorce pending!!!!!Doug confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: front grille/indicator lamp removal   front grille/indicator lamp removal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Open the doors. Look down the edge of the body behind where the lamps are. You should see one phillips head screw and a small empty hole (above or below it, I can't remember which) Take out the screw and then pass a screwdriver through that other empty hole and give it a sharp tap. The lamp should fall out.

That's what works for me, not sure if it's the "right" way to do it.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: front grille/indicator lamp removal   front grille/indicator lamp removal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:15 pm

if your on about the screen washers i had a pipe come off in the frost,this brought water in whenever i squirted them.mechanic wasnt best pleased as he said it was tighter than a mouses ear(not a hippopotamouse)to work behind the dash so i presume the pipes run internally.
Back to top Go down
mattyj
Been here a while
Been here a while
mattyj

Number of posts : 118
Home City : Liverpool Sydney
Model and year : 92 Toyota Hi-ace 4x4 Super custom non turbo
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: front grille/indicator lamp removal   front grille/indicator lamp removal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am

Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: front grille/indicator lamp removal   front grille/indicator lamp removal Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:13 am

All wrong guys, removing the grill or headlamps will not get you to the washer nozzles/pipes, vey hard to get to under the dash. So much so that I have given up for the time being and am living without them. Keeps the bums/junkies at the lights with thier squeegies in business Laughing Maybe Maximus' mechanic can shed some light on how he got to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front grille/indicator lamp removal   front grille/indicator lamp removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

front grille/indicator lamp removal
Page 1 of 1