Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

Number of posts : 265
Home City : Coventry
Model and year : 1992 SC 2.4TD
Registration date : 2016-07-06

Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Empty
PostSubject: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 8:19 am

I have finally relented and bought a new n/s/f indicator lamp from Toyota as I can't find one second hand, looking at the van, I can see 2 screws in the a-post when the doors are open, one above the other, but I'm guessing there are other fixings holding the lamp/headlamp in place?

Any useful tips will be greatly appreciated before I attack it this weekend Bus
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 9:18 am

I have a different grill then you have, but I think those two screws were enough, after which it should come loose pretty easily (so you don't have to use much force)
But it was a while ago, so I don't remember exactly.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Hi Mick, If you've got the same headlight set up as mine (see picture on left), then you remove the screw that holds the indicator in, which is the bottom screw in the door jam. Once that screw is removed push the indicator forward (there's a plastic clip on the door jam side that stops it falling out) from the door jam side. You should be good to go then.

Just as well you're not replacing a headlight as you need to remove the front grill which is held on by screws behind the side lights, on both sides.

Hope that helps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 8:08 pm

It does mate thank you, bought the indicator earlier from local dealer and even with a mates discount as he works there if was still £51.89
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 1:25 pm

Ouch that is expensive indicator. Is it all replaced now?
Back to top Go down
mickB
Been here a while
Been here a while
mickB

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 4:23 pm

No not yet, I have an accumulation of things I want to get done so I've decided to park it up for a bit, buying a mates 6n VW Polo of him as it does 40+ mpg £76 to tax and will be nothing to insure, will allow me to get the faults I want doing done without having to rush to get it back fixed for work
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 8:57 am

I always feel guilty when I go out in the Mrs car and leave the van at home so I can save money on fuel consumption.
I don't blame you for leaving it parked up and then working on a series of things. Long is the night I have spent fixing older crappy cars so I can actually get to work in it the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?    Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Indicator Headlamp Removal - How To ?
Page 1 of 1