Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2nd battery placement

Go down 
+7
tom
Admin
AussieQ
TSN.OOZ
chrisandhiace
jimsmim
phrollins
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

2nd battery placement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd battery placement   2nd battery placement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 am

Hi,
Unless I'm wildly out in my geography, you probably don't need twin batteries in Roseau (That's Dominica, yes?). A single one that fits will likely do the job, as long as you can secure it properly. . I don't know what the spec would be but if you go ask for something that'll start a three litre diesel you should get sorted.

Anyone know what the official spec. is?

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
bredzy
Not so new now
Not so new now
bredzy

Number of posts : 42
Home City : Roseau
Model and year : 1997 Toyota Hiace Wagon
D-T G CABIN X
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: 2nd battery placement   2nd battery placement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 am

Yes you are correct. No snow here in Dominica. But why didnt she start when is only one battery that is dead. I'll give both of them a charge up and ill see what happens . it may well.be that i had two low CCA. batteries like two 400's which would mean that one of them would surely not be enough to start her up. what do you think. The writing on the batteries is Japanese so i can't tell what size it is.
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 2nd battery placement   2nd battery placement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi,
That's quite possible, though I would have expected one to be adequate... Mind you, if one battery in a pair has failed then it's pretty likely that the other one is on its last legs, too. The working battery you have might have been up to the job when it was new but not now.

I believe the idea was that Toyota could use smaller, less expensive batteries for cold climates. A single good quality one will probably be enough for you but it might be less hassle, if more expensive, just to replace both with decent ones the same size (I think that's "NS70"). Probably easiest to take them along to a supplier and ask for replacements... They'll probably dispose of the old ones for you, too.

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
bredzy
Not so new now
Not so new now
bredzy

Number of posts : 42
Home City : Roseau
Model and year : 1997 Toyota Hiace Wagon
D-T G CABIN X
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: 2nd battery placement   2nd battery placement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Yeah.. I think i'll just have to buy two 400CCA or 500 . Thanks guys!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd battery placement   2nd battery placement - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd battery placement
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2