Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ngeo
ngeo

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Arcata, CA
Model and year : 91 Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin, 4WD 3L Engine
Registration date : 2022-12-18

Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina) Empty
PostSubject: Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina)   Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2024 8:31 pm

I've managed to get lucky finding some good mechanics that know how to work on Hiaces, so just sharing the info for others for whom it might come in handy.

The Fit Garage - Bend, Oregon
Alex and his crew are GREAT. They work on all kinds of crazy 4x4 jobs and have a LOT of Hiace experience. They replaced the 3L engine in my 1991 Cruising Cabin, with a 110k-mi 3L engine they just happened to have sitting around, which he only charged me $1000 for (not incl labor of course)--whole saga is posted here. Super honest, super detailed, communicative, thorough, very cool group of guys. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Zeke's Garage - Hendersonville, North Carolina
A mechanic named Montana had Hiace experience, and likes working on them. He did the job of replacing my alt/AC/PS belts, and found a tiny fuel leak at one of the injectors. turned out i needed to replace the whole set, and he already had options lined up when he called me for the go-ahead--really thorough guy, really honest and friendly. All the work he did was top notch and I felt very informed and part of the process.

Hope these help someone in need, and feel free to add on if you care to share any good mechanics, especially outside of the Pacific NW it can be a reaaaaal pain to find anyone with Hiace experience. cheers!

g00se likes this post

Back to top Go down
pnwhiace
pnwhiace

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Bend, Oregon
Model and year : 1994 LH119
Registration date : 2023-03-08

Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina)   Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 2:06 pm

+1 for Fit Garage. Their wealth of knowledge for JDM vehicles is incredible and they do great work.
Back to top Go down

Mechanic Resources in the US (Oregon, North Carolina)
Page 1 of 1