Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Portland Oregon Super Customs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Portland Oregon Super Customs? Empty
PostSubject: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:48 pm

Just curious how many HiAce owners on the forum live in the Portland, Oregon metro area. Would love to do a meet up sometime, maybe at one of the Red Door meets on Sundays. Cheers!

-David
Back to top Go down
joeh

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Portland, OR
Model and year : 1991 Hiace Super Custom
"Mighty"
Registration date : 2019-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 7:44 am

They'd be a bit of a rarity in USA, wouldn't they? How do you get on with them being right-hand drive?
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 pm

@joeh - I've started going down to the Cars and Coffee event at World of Speed in Wilsonville, haven't seen another jdm van there yet, but I'd love to bump into you if you are interested in that type of event. There's another Hiace owner that is going to join me at C&C some time soon who has a Super GL camper and a Delica. I tried going to Red Door Meet, but it's too much of a circus for my liking jocolor

@AgathaAlice - They are a bit of a rarity, but it seems like more and more of them are getting imported into Pacific NW region. There are at least twice as many importers listing vans than this time last year. I still haven't see another Super Custom on the road since last summer, before I imported my van. I see Delicas fairly often and have spotted a couple Nissan Caravans and kei vans as well.

I got used to driving on the right side of the van pretty quickly, the reversal of the headlight/turn signal stalks took longer than anything to acclimate to. There is some difficulty making right turns onto some streets, as the B-pillar on the van plus the gathered curtains creates a pretty thick blind spot, and passing a parked FedEx/DHL type-truck on a neighborhood street is a little dicey, since it's harder to see around them with the driver's POV being closer to the curb. Other than that, once you've made a mental map of the envelope around the van, it's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm planning on being at the Cars & Coffee drive in this Saturday, August 24th, which runs from 8am-11am at World of Speed in Wilsonville. Would love to bump into another Portland-area Hiace owner! cyclops
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 9:45 pm

It's 'Overland 4x4' day at the Portland Cars and Coffee event this Saturday, October 5th from 8-11am at World of Speed in Wilsonville. Hope to see you there!
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Gonna bump just in case some Portland/Vancouver folks are interested in meeting up tomorrow at Cars & Coffee. See my previous post for more info. I'll be there from ~9:30-11.
Back to top Go down
egecko

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Portland, Ore
Model and year : 1998 KZH100 SC G 1KZ-TE 2BY FC43
Registration date : 2024-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2024 6:14 am

I know this is an old post, but I have a 1998 JDM SC G 1KZ-TE 2wd 2BY in the outskirts of Portland in the 217 area. Registered in Oregon on 20240201 as the first US title after importing it over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portland Oregon Super Customs?   Portland Oregon Super Customs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portland Oregon Super Customs?
Page 1 of 1