Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front disc brake calipers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ajplowe

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom KZH106 3L
Registration date : 2020-12-19

Front disc brake calipers Empty
PostSubject: Front disc brake calipers   Front disc brake calipers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 5:26 am

Hello,

I have a 1994 KZH106W 3L and need some work on the front disc brakes. I've been able to source pads (Centric 103.13440), rotors (also Centric), but alo need left and right calipers--what the part reference is calling "Cylinder Assy, Disc Brake"...left and right. Original stuff is no longer available, so I'm looking at what's superseded them. Any counsel on if they will work or what others have done?

(1) 47750-26130 - original for 93-95
(2) 47750-26131 - 95-97
(3) 47750-26132 - 97-99 - this is the one that is available...maybe...

Above is for the LH, 47750-repeat #s is for the RH.

https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/kzh106w/109740/chassis/4705/47750/

Just trying to figure out if 26132 will work in my van. They are $450 a piece, so not particularly cheap.

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Front disc brake calipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front disc brake calipers   Front disc brake calipers Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 8:36 pm

Hello ajplowe

I can’t help precisely but I understand the problem you’re having.

Recently, I sort of helped Andonic here (and he helped me loads) to try to narrow down the pads and disks on his (’91) and my (‘92/3) LH119V. You can read that thread here:

https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4369-help-with-locating-new-front-brake-disks-for-my-1991-lh119

While I’ve not had to replace callipers the rest of the front braking system is similarly difficult to precisely identify for parts. Numbers have changed and been superseeded and I think the ‘earlier’ range used a 22mm-thick disk and the ‘later’ range used a 28mm-thick disk. The change-over was sometime around your model year but I’m not sure when this was exactly.

In order to identify the parts numbers for disks and pads for my van I started with the EPC as you have done. I also spoke to my local Toyota dealership who, it turns out, could get the disks for less than my non-preferred local motor factor could get the OEM equivalent Brembo disks. My greatly preferred motor factor completely drew a blank with suitable disks as they don’t stock Brembo and across their many catalogues didn’t have anything suitable. I’ve also checked Autodoc and while they seemingly do stock suitable disks for my van they are never actually in stock.

I write this to show just how difficult it can be to locate parts, not to identify parts. If they are so expensive on the EPC I also think you’ve nothing to lose by contacting Toyota, especially if you can get the part number off the current ones. That might help a lot.

It’s probable that the original callipers were not, and are current ones are not, made by Toyota. The OEM ones might be DENSO or AISIN. The point here is that, just like disks, pads and shocks, motor factors often have catalogues of parts like these that should be as good as OEM, but it can be very difficult to cross-reference. Here, I’ve generally been pleased that, on import, my van’s serial number has been correctly logged onto the Toyota and motor factor-accessible databases for all sorts of parts that I’ve listed here, but also for many of the more esoteric parts.

Last two points are that Amayama (for example) are sometimes very good at narrowing down replacement parts. The EPC goes through to them so perhaps drop them a line?

Also, have you considered if you can rebuild the calliper? I’m ambivalent about this in general as you can’t always fix a problem with a rebuild kit and lastly, you should also factor in what else you might need. If replacing the callipers, pads and disks I’d probably also replace the mounting hardware and flexible hoses.

Thoughts?

HTH!

p.s. Check this post for other international parts sources:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4468-part-numbers

Andonic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Front disc brake calipers
Page 1 of 1