Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1995 Hiace Living Saloon EX 2wd H100G 1kz-te
Registration date : 2021-03-24

Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Empty
PostSubject: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 12:12 am

Hey y'all, long shot here, but does anyone have a recommendation for a Seattle area mechanic who is comfortable with Hiace's and can tackle an AC compressor swap? I'd be more inclined to do the swap myself if the refrigerant didn't need to be dealt with. I've reached out to Roamer already who are slammed for the next while, and also a couple rando mechanics via Yelp who said, "no can do."

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 4:32 am

Good Afternoon Gregory.

AC compressor is on top. Only need 12mm and 14mm to swap the whole thing. Hour tops. Want to tackle it yourself? I can guide you on the phone no worries.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 4:36 am

Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? 96cbae10
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 4:36 am

4 bolts hold it in
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1995 Hiace Living Saloon EX 2wd H100G 1kz-te
Registration date : 2021-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 6:24 am

Hey hey! Much appreciated for the offer. It’s really just the refrigerant recovery and recharge piece that I don’t totally understand. As far as I can tell, that’s something that requires a pro to handle. Am I mistaken with that? Otherwise, I feel comfortable with replacing the unit itself.

The next question too is just what’s required to unbolt the driver’s side seat panel to get better access to the engine bay.

I’ll DM you my phone number and maybe we can have a quick phone chat soon, but I also like having the information paper trail in the forum for anyone else who might come searching for the same info!

Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 6:25 pm

Ok I’ll check the messages for your number.

To take off the R/H access panel you need a Phillips screwdriver for the E brake cover and carpet trim, a 12mm socket wrench for the panel bolts under the carpet and a 14mm socket wrench to remove the drivers seat and track. You can just rotate the drivers seat backwards onto the seats in the back to get it out of the way.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 6:27 pm

Also maybe tell me how to find the messages in this forum when you get the chance. I’m sure it’s easy but I can’t find it. Stay out of the sun today. Supposed to touch a 100 here today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?   Any AC mechanics in Seattle area? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any AC mechanics in Seattle area?
Page 1 of 1