Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Mexico/SW Mechanics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceLoaf
SpaceLoaf

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Taos, NM
Registration date : 2023-11-19

New Mexico/SW Mechanics Empty
PostSubject: New Mexico/SW Mechanics   New Mexico/SW Mechanics Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2023 6:20 am

Aye, I just bought a Hiace from someone out in Taos, NM and I've had a hell of a time trying to find anyone to work on it. I can do my own oil changes, glow plugs, basic repairs, etc, but when it comes to doing some serious work, I'm at a loss. If anyone can recommend someone or somewhere to look I'd appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
shaggy0928
Not so new now
Not so new now
shaggy0928

Number of posts : 44
Home City : Denver, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-10-09

PostSubject: Re: New Mexico/SW Mechanics   New Mexico/SW Mechanics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 5:55 pm

I assume you bought it from James, the guy who imports them?
If so, I am certain he would be helpful in finding places. There is also another member on this board, TacticalAnt who was just posting about CV Boots who is near Taos.

Not to direct you away from this forum, but as an additional resource there is also a Facebook group for NA specific owners. It's not as technical as here, but does have a lot of information specifically based around NA stuff.
However, everyone has trouble finding people to work on these vans outside of the the major cities in Oregon/Washington. That sometimes is part of life with something rare like these.

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Mexico/SW Mechanics   New Mexico/SW Mechanics Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 9:17 pm

Hello SpaceLoaf (cool name) and welcome to the forum.

Can’t help with your question, but it’s possible that the longish first post in my Show Us Yours Section might be useful for general resources and link and a bit of info. It’s a post to bring together what I’ve found and what I hope might help others.

HTH!!

shaggy0928 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mexico/SW Mechanics   New Mexico/SW Mechanics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mexico/SW Mechanics
Page 1 of 1