Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joeh

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Portland, OR
Model and year : 1991 Hiace Super Custom
"Mighty"
Registration date : 2019-07-21

Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Empty
PostSubject: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 11:27 pm

Unfortunately my hiace roof got smooshed by a tree branch. Does anyone in Portland have experience with an auto body for work that will be covered by insurance?

I asked Danny at VanlifeNW and they mostly are involved with body work unrelated to insurance claims and did not have recs. The few I have gotten through to (they are very busy after the storm) are leery of working on it if it'll be hard to source parts.

Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Pxl_2010
Back to top Go down
4Misch
4Misch

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Eugene
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 12:07 am

Wow, that's rough. I may know a shop down in Eugene that could work on this. I'll send you a DM.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 am

Noooooooooo! A 4WD too! Oh the humanity! Oh the huvanity?
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 am

So sorry to hear that! We have a 60ft tree in our front yard that has dropped big limbs in the past. I was worried about the same thing happening. I got worried enough that I moved it out to the street Sunday evening.

Talk to Mark at Burnside Collision (28th & E Burnside), they aren't afraid to take on weird one-off projects. Tell him David with the white Hiace sent ya!
Back to top Go down
joeh

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Portland, OR
Model and year : 1991 Hiace Super Custom
"Mighty"
Registration date : 2019-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:49 am

Thanks all! I found a shop in the neighborhood that was recommended and willing to take it on (though they were pretty hesitant), Professional Auto Body. We'll see how it goes... the adjuster just called me and told me they are having some trouble estimating because they have no idea how to get a roof replacement.

Quote :
So sorry to hear that! We have a 60ft tree in our front yard that has dropped big limbs in the past. I was worried about the same thing happening. I got worried enough that I moved it out to the street Sunday evening.

I actually parked in a slightly different spot because I was worried but I super regret not being more paranoid and moving to the street. I think it would have hit anyways if I parked in the normal spot but not sure if it'd be better or worse (it would have hit closer to the back).
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 2:03 am

Glad to hear someone was willing to take you on!

Start by going to a site like jp-carparts and looking up your model (e.g. mine is LH107W-MFPQS). There might still be roof panels in stock. Yours looks like a LH107G-XXXXX.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:31 pm

djathens wrote:

The council here would get really upset if I dumped a tree in my street. Very Happy

djathens likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim   Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portland, OR body shop for insurance claim
Page 1 of 1