Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What size is my engine??????????

Go down 
+2
pushrod
kael6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kael6

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-08

What size is my engine?????????? Empty
PostSubject: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi all, Im trying to find out what kind of engine I have!!! Im thinking its a 2.4 Desiel but im not sure.I have a 1990 super custom LTD 2WD turbo Desiel, Automatic. Thanks!!!

Peace, Tim
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:17 am

Have you looked on the registration document? Most of these will be 2.44 TD s Smile
Back to top Go down
kael6

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:00 am

Do they have a north american counter part that could be used for ordering?? IE 4runner Land cruiser???
Peace, Tim
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:46 am

Doesn't the engine type - 2L 3L etc prefix the number on the engine block?
Back to top Go down
kael6

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:00 am

I couldn't find any #s on the block.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:39 pm

is the oil filter under the drivers side with extremely awkward pipes in the way of its extraction?if so its the 2.4 prob.if the oil filter is looking at you when you open the engine compartment its probably the 3.0 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kael6

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:16 am

Thanks guys, I finally found the metal registration that JohnHRef999 was talking about. It is the 2.4. So I'm optimistic regarding NOT cracking my head! Im going to get a gauge and keep an eye on the coolant and hope for the best!!

Peace, and thanks for the tips, Tim
Back to top Go down
Luciani

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:56 pm

I have a real numpty question. Recently got a 98 Supercustom Jap import and I don't have a manual. And I can't see where to check the oil and coolant levels! Can any kind soul help me out - but speak really slowly and carefully please! 1998 SC LWB - think its a 2.8.
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:34 am

you have to lift up the passenger side seat...theres a clip inside the cubby hole next to the gear shift with the cup holders on the lid...lift the carpet inside(its held by velcro) and theres another clip at the foot of the passenger seat next to the door (under carpet again)..these will release seat.....there's a plastic strap on the wall of the passenger side that hooks on to the seat and holds it from falling closed.... the battery compartment is under the seat as well.......this is for single passenger seat but I'd imagine a double passenger will be very similiar...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What size is my engine??????????   What size is my engine?????????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What size is my engine??????????
Page 1 of 1