Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gearbox Problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornell1991

Number of posts : 9
Home City : London
Registration date : 2018-12-08

Gearbox Problems Empty
PostSubject: Gearbox Problems   Gearbox Problems Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 2:54 pm

Hey guys, have a slight problem. Just finished off my engine rebuilt along with other parts finished off on my new van. I now have a new problem. Auto gearbox. I get park mode, reverse but when I put it in drive I can’t seem to get 2nd gear. I.e it won’t shift up. I don’t actually know whether this was working before as I bought it as a non runner. What I have realised is there is a thin electrical wire coming from the gearbox which currently isn’t connected anywhere and I can’t seem to find any schematics of the wiring systems for it. Hopefully it’s not a big problem as I do get other gears. Any info or help on this would be great. Thanks in advance, Adam
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Gearbox Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox Problems   Gearbox Problems Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2019 3:42 pm

The diagnosis may well depend upon the type of gearbox you have, did it have a proper label with the model number?

Also adjustment of the shift lever is critical to getting the correct operation.
It's possible the wire is the reverse switch if it's an all mechanical one.
Back to top Go down
Cornell1991

Gearbox Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox Problems   Gearbox Problems Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 9:41 am

Hi GPW thanks for advice, still no luck yet. I have a LH119 van 2.8 diesel. 1993. Read your post before about transmissions so thanks for that info. Im going to give it a oil and filter change in next few days. And try and sort the lockdown cable attached to the throttle. Hopefully this should sort it. Still no idea what this electronic cable is for on drivers side, thinking it must be important. Cant find any diagrams and Toyotas schematics don't seem to show it. Reverse is working fine....Thanks in advance....
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Gearbox Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox Problems   Gearbox Problems Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Cornell1991 wrote:
Hi GPW thanks for advice, still no luck yet. I have a LH119 van 2.8 diesel. 1993. Read your post before about transmissions so thanks for that info. Im going to give it a oil and filter change in next few days. And try and sort the lockdown cable attached to the throttle. Hopefully this should sort it. Still no idea what this electronic cable is for on drivers side, thinking it must be important. Cant find any diagrams and Toyotas schematics don't seem to show it. Reverse is working fine....Thanks in advance....

You need to find the model number of the gearbox. It may be on the gearbox itself or on the plate under the passenger seat, that will open up a whole new line of inquiry Smile

I still think it's likely to be a selector position thing, difficult to suspect a solenoid if we don't know you have any in there.
If the kickdown cable is loose/unattached I'd expect it to change up fine but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Cornell1991

Gearbox Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox Problems   Gearbox Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Thanks again GPW, managed to find a bit more info on this. I think the cable which I was talking about is the speedo cable, with the extra wire being a mph converter (not sure if this works though). Also found my gearbox number: a45dl...tried to attach some photos but doesn’t want to work. Any more info on these gearboxes would be great:) thanks again
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Gearbox Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox Problems   Gearbox Problems Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 6:19 pm

There's a few bits on them, used in lots of vehicles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWOafW8FI8

You can use this site to post pics:
https://postimages.org/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gearbox Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gearbox Problems   Gearbox Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gearbox Problems
Page 1 of 1