Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

squeal at low speed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hiaces&spades

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Seattle
Registration date : 2018-07-09

squeal at low speed Empty
PostSubject: squeal at low speed   squeal at low speed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 2:22 am

power steering fluid I think, in a 1991 hiace and I'm having trouble finding both the place to fill power steering fluid and where the air conditioner recharge port is on a 1991 hiace super custom limited.  additionally I'm looking for belt sets to replace.  can anyone point me to a source or help out?squeal at low speed IZkf1s0engine bay pic
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: squeal at low speed   squeal at low speed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Squealing sounds like you need some new belts there.
Stand at the LHS front door and open the bonnet/seat.

On the left is the power steering fluid, careful of the filter gauze hidden inside.
Next to that is the fuel primer and filter.

If you're really clever you can change the steering fluid by diverting the return pipe (top) to a container and get someone to start the engine as you pour new fluid in to maintain the level, then after about 1 litre get them to switch the engine off. Then reconnect the pipe - hey presto, steering fluid flush.

A variation is to remove the filter/reservoir and reverse flush the filter with something first to make sure it's super clean.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: squeal at low speed   squeal at low speed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Oh and the A/C might be under the front bumper on the passenger side, at least I think the sight glass is there IIRC.
Back to top Go down
hiaces&spades

PostSubject: Re: squeal at low speed   squeal at low speed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 am

Thank you!!! got service scheduled in a couple weeks but taking care of what I can. Looks like you have a sweet ride.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: squeal at low speed   squeal at low speed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 am

hiaces&spades wrote:
Thank you!!!  got service scheduled in a couple weeks but taking care of what I can.  Looks like you have a sweet ride.

Good stuff and cheers. The last owner made it look good but didn't look after it very well so there's a number of mechanical aspects I'm having to bring up to scratch. It's slowly becoming a well cared for reliable van but it's been quite a bit of work!
Back to top Go down
hiaces&spades

PostSubject: Re: squeal at low speed   squeal at low speed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 6:57 pm

That's pretty much the plan with mine. Interior is perfect in back with some sun damage on the seats and steering wheel in front. got it with 80,000 KM and most everything working like a charm. Some minor things like the electric curtains, belts, but overall seems super solid and am looking forward to years of miles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: squeal at low speed   squeal at low speed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

squeal at low speed
Page 1 of 1