Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broken Speed Sensor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kylorda

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Leeds, England
Registration date : 2009-07-19

Broken Speed Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Broken Speed Sensor   Broken Speed Sensor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:27 pm

I have a 3.0 Automatic, 4x4 and the speed sensor is broken and car won't change gears, it's stuck in 1st.

Anyone any ideas where I can get a new sensor please. Need urgently as going on holiday 2 weeks today!
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Broken Speed Sensor   Broken Speed Sensor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Would have thought that toyota was your only hope unless you root through previous posts, as somewhere you will find a link to a breakers on ebay around sheffield way i think.Good luck.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Broken Speed Sensor   Broken Speed Sensor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:30 pm

I gor one from Local Toyota dealer in 7 days, best try there first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
1997supercustom

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Australia Wangaratta
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Broken Speed Sensor   Broken Speed Sensor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Just wondering if you know wherer the speedo sensor is mounted, also do you know if the unit ia a "multi unit" e.g tacho, speedo, glow plugs as some wiring diagrams are stating. I have been to the local Toyota dealer and they cannot tell where it is exactly, fuel pump, alternator or transmission. Thanks
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Broken Speed Sensor   Broken Speed Sensor Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Sorry don't know, got my mechanic to fix it. Try a bigger Toyota dealer like Sydney City Toyota or Mosman Toyota. have found them to be pretty good with parts (not cheap though!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Broken Speed Sensor   Broken Speed Sensor Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:43 am

on the 3L the tach sensor is on the fuel injection pump and I think it works the speedo too because i had it replaced and the needle for the speedometer works much better now (however it was particularly bad before in very cold weather and is warmer now) the tachometer was working fine before replacing and still is. It is a nippon denso part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Speed Sensor   Broken Speed Sensor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Speed Sensor
Page 1 of 1