Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where to find a new transmission speed sensor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roach

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Darwin
Registration date : 2021-01-02

Where to find a new transmission speed sensor? Empty
PostSubject: Where to find a new transmission speed sensor?   Where to find a new transmission speed sensor? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2022 6:12 am

Hi squad!

My 3L 1997 SuperCustom has a dud transmission speed sensor... any idea where I could get a new one? Took it to the Toyota dealership but they had no idea.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a new transmission speed sensor?   Where to find a new transmission speed sensor? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 2:43 pm

That’s weird. It uses the same transmission and engine as a hilux/surf/4Runner/pickup/Tacoma and many others.

It’s an A340F 4 speed automatic. They made it from 1988-2005. Transfer is a bit bespoke but that’s not your issue.

Tell them it’s not a Hiace. Say it’s a big hilux surf.

Either way it’s a readily available part. My year of hiace (1993/1994) had 48 vehicles match the same sensor in Toyotas inventory.

I’d give the dealership another try. Find somebody that will listen and I bet they help you.

Have an awesome weekend
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a new transmission speed sensor?   Where to find a new transmission speed sensor? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 12:04 am

Roach, it seems that Toyota dealers vary. Here in Brisbane what was my local dealer was happy to work on my van but they relocated and a different dealer moved in. The new one will only do a basic service because "we can't get parts for imports". The original dealer, in their new location, is still happy to do most jobs such as my upcoming timing belt change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a new transmission speed sensor?   Where to find a new transmission speed sensor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to find a new transmission speed sensor?
Page 1 of 1