Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Automatic Gearbox parts needed!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Empty
PostSubject: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 am

Hi, I need a part for the A45DL gearbox, the part number is 35432-30122 and it is a valve plate for the automatic gearbox.   The part has been discontinued and is no longer manufactured.  If I can't get one I'm gonna have to source a whole new gearbox or just scrap the entire van. I also need 2 gaskets, but I can get these with no problem.

Alternatively, can anyone tell me if I'd definitely need a new valve plate, or whether the gearbox would function if I just replaced the two gaskets. The problem with the gearbox is that it won't let me shift the gear lever into drive. A Toyota garage has told me I need the new parts.

These are the parts I need:

35432-30122 PLATE, VALVE BODY, NO.1 - 51.41 dollars
35433-14012 GASKET, VALVE BODY, NO.1 - 11 dollars
35434-14012 GASKET, VALVE BODY, NO.2 - 11 dollars

and here is a diagram of the gearbox showing what the parts look like and where they go:

Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Yrv8gL8

Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these from, or if I can just buy the gaskets and get away with that? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 am

I cannot answer your questions but this kit seems to have the gaskets (and more useful) stuff. So the gaskets for the valve plate (I think it is the one you see in the picture behind everything, only visible as it is sticking out)
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Overhaul-Gasket-Seal-Kit-Toyota-AW-A43D-Series-AW70L-AW72L-1981-On-4-Speed-Auto-/270851445858?hash=item3f10011462Ⓜm9w8KbwSNZJqIrNnV46H2Xw

Then there is also this repair kit, but it is not clear to me what is in there. There may be more stuff in there than in this Gasket Seal Kit, but I'm not sure if it will have a valve plate.

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Reparatursatz-Automatikgetriebe-Aisin-Warner-A43DL-A44DL-A45DL-Toyota-/271955701243?hash=item3f51d2adfb:g:IcAAAOSw~gRVvyn-

These kits fit the A45DL.

You can also find some stuff like manuals (which can offer troubleshootings guides)

https://www.ebay.nl/sch/i.html?_odkw=toyota+a45&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=3&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=toyota+a45dl&_sacat=0
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 10:50 am

Here they are talking about a "master kit" that also has steel plates in it. I think they mean the valve plates with that but I'm not sure.
http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/A42DL_A43DL_A44DL_A45DL_transmission_rebuild_kit_p/760-00076001f.htm
No idea if they ship outside USA and if they can still deliver.

Maybe you should ask the german guy if they have valve plates in the repairkit from Germany on ebay.

Perhaps, if they take it apart and replace the gaskets, it is enough to replace the gasket and clean the channels which are behind there. Maybe something is dirty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks as usual Hiace4wd!

I actually found the parts in stock on a random japanese website called megazip. I passed it over a number of times because I thought it would just be a bunch of catalog entries, or PDF documents, without an actual shop! I was all out of links (I'd literally been through the entire google search results) and a mate suggested megazip, and they had the part I needed in stock! So I snapped that up immediately!

Thanks so much for these links though, if I get any trouble with the part I ordered (I literally have such bad luck I'm not convinced the site was in stock despite it saying it was!) I will definitely be using this information, thanks again! Smile

You would expect a master kit to contain valve plates, but it doesn't say, so I think I will ask, just in case!

If I just can't get the valve plate, then my last resort will be to tell them to try just the gaskets. I don't know what job the plate does...
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 9:52 am

Hi again, are you and the van back in the UK now?

How do you know you need this valve plate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 9:05 pm

No unfortunately the van is still in Austria. All the problems I had were on ly 3 weeks before I was flying to New Zealand, and I'm still here now, at least for a few more weeks.

I need the valve plate because the Toyota workshop has told me they need 3 parts to repair my vehicle, 2 gaskets and the valve plate that goes in between them. I'm guessing it is needed because without it, there would be 2 gaskets side by side, which would be kinda pointless!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Ryank wrote:
No unfortunately the van is still in Austria. All the problems I had were on ly 3 weeks before I was flying to New Zealand, and I'm still here now, at least for a few more weeks.

I need the valve plate because the Toyota workshop has told me they need 3 parts to repair my vehicle, 2 gaskets and the valve plate that goes in between them. I'm guessing it is needed because without it, there would be 2 gaskets side by side, which would be kinda pointless!

Ah I see - so you managed to get a Toyota place to have a look, they've stripped it down and now you just need to source the parts?
If so that's a great result!

These vans are _very_ popular in NZ - you may even be able to order the part locally from Toyota or a transmission shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Yeah, I paid a small fortune to have it sent to the nearest Toyota garage on a flatbed truck as I was having trouble finding someone there who could look at it. I actually believed they were going to scrap it, as they made me sign a form saying they were allowed to if they couldn't get the parts they needed. I contacted them a few weeks ago and they still had it!

I know the vans are super popular here, I see them all the time here! Before I found the part online I had also been phoning around garages to see if anyone could get the part, but I wasn't having much luck. The part is also discontinued here as well... from what I gathered the part simply isn't made any more. I think I got very lucky finding a site online that had them, although they only had one, so if some future person is reading this post hoping to find out where to get a valve plate for an a45dl transmission, it looks like I found the last new one in the world, literally!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 1:41 am

Turns out my legendary terrible luck has happened again. The website that said they have one in stock, doesn't, and has just emailed me to tell me they cannot source the part I need. So I guess I'm back to my original questions:

Can I get away with just fitting new gaskets or do I definitely need the valve plate?
Anyone know where I might be able to get hold of one please?
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 7:05 am

Did you check with the repair kit from Germany? The expensive one? If it has a valve plate.
That is probably your best luck.

Also, the plate could be ok, but just not the gaskets.

Basically the plate acts as a bunch of openings to a hydraulic maze. Depending on pressure, a certain gear is selected. If the plate or the gasket is broken and the hydraulic pressure can go another way then what was ment, the gear selection is not going well.
You can see it in this youtube video. Skip to 5:00 (but he has no intention to repair this one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yjgdehnC4

Could also be that these channels are dirty. It is hard to say.
But if that German Ebay repair kit holds the plate, I would say your chances are pretty good with this Toyota garage.
If you can only get the repair kit with gaskets only, then it may work. As in, it may just be a gasket, or one of the channels being blocked by dirt. Which they can clean when they open it up.
But I also understand that the Toyota garage cannot give you a guarantee about this, when they haven't opened it yet, and don't have such a plate.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 8:10 am

By the way, maybe you can checkout some of the Hiaces being wrecked for parts. If you see this website from New Zealand (search for "Hiace wrecking")
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchString=hiace+wrecking&type=Search&searchType=877&user_region=100&user_district=0&generalSearch_keypresses=8&generalSearch_suggested=0&generalSearch_suggestedCategory=

This one has an automatic: I think you should call, there is a pretty high change it is the same gearbox.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/toyota/other/auction-1434529418.htm

You should stay away from the 1KZ turbodiesel vans with 3 liter engines, usually called Super Custom.
But anyone with a 2.4 litre (petrol AND diesel) or a 2.8 diesel with an automatic will probably have the same gearbox.

You can ask the VIN number to be 100% sure and we can check it.

I wouldn't try to buy a seperate valve plate from the wreckers, just the whole gearbox or otherwise they won't be interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 8:27 am

I've emailed the guy from Germany, but I haven't heard back from him yet.  I don't think this kit contains the bit I need unfortunately, because it's not listed in the description at all, I can't see it in the pictures, and it doesn't look like it's in the pack.  Plus it's a bit more of a heavy part, it's unlike most of the other parts in kits like that.  Still, we'll see if the guy gets back to me.  

That youtube video is pretty good info, thanks!  The bit I need is at 5:35, he pulls one of the gaskets off it.  Hopefully it'll work with a bit of a sand, or even just some new gaskets.  As for the channels being dirty, I have no idea, as I'm not even in the same country as the van and haven't been able to see the parts.  The garage are unlikely to send me photos, as they're already pretty annoyed that the van has been on their land all summer!

The Toyota garage just told me that I need a new valve body plate and the gaskets that go either side of it, so I assume they've done at least a little investigation....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 8:34 am

Hiace4wd wrote:
By the way, maybe you can checkout some of the Hiaces being wrecked for parts. If you see this website from New Zealand (search for "Hiace wrecking")
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?searchString=hiace+wrecking&type=Search&searchType=877&user_region=100&user_district=0&generalSearch_keypresses=8&generalSearch_suggested=0&generalSearch_suggestedCategory=

This one has an automatic: I think you should call, there is a pretty high change it is the same gearbox.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/toyota/other/auction-1434529418.htm

You should stay away from the 1KZ turbodiesel vans with 3 liter engines, usually called Super Custom.
But anyone with a 2.4 litre (petrol AND diesel) or a 2.8 diesel with an automatic will probably have the same gearbox.

You can ask the VIN number to be 100% sure and we can check it.

I wouldn't try to buy a seperate valve plate from the wreckers, just the whole gearbox or otherwise they won't be interested.

Oh amazing research skills!   I will try and figure out a way to contact the seller (I think I have to sign up for trademe) and hopefully it has the part I need!  It's just a plate for the valve body, how worn down can it get?  I might just ask the garage to try just the gaskets in the mean time. I will have to see if I can find someone who has the tools and the space and would be willing to get the plate out or let me have a crack at it...
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 9:21 am

Yeah but always ask first which engine it has. Must be a 2.4 or 2.8 model.
Then ask VIN number and post it here. Or put it into Toyodiy.com if you know how it works.

There are a bunch of other vans being wrecked, and there are bigger wrecking companies that don't do these kind of ads. Then you have to fill in a request. That request should be "automatic transmission from a Hiace H100 2.4 or 2.8 litre"
For the vans that are on there you can check the pics for the gear lever, or call to ask if it is automatic.

I think it will be some work, and the New Zealand market is not as big as Australia. But somebody must have this kind of gearbox on stock.
That will cost something, also including shipping it to Austria. Or you could take it apart and send only the valve plate to Austria.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 am

Ryank wrote:

The Toyota garage just told me that I need a new valve body plate and the gaskets that go either side of it, so I assume they've done at least a little investigation....

I think you should only ask if they opened it and examined it, or not.
Maybe they just know a lot about automatics and they just think it must be a broken valve plate. Then you could say, that they haven't really checked. But I think they have a pretty good chance of having made the right assumption. Because your van isn't going into any gear, so no gear selection is working at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automatic Gearbox parts needed!   Automatic Gearbox parts needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Automatic Gearbox parts needed!
Page 1 of 1