Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tokyojoe
Not so new now
Not so new now
tokyojoe

Number of posts : 46
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : 1991 Hiace Cruising Cabin 2.8D Auto
Registration date : 2017-02-12

New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Empty
PostSubject: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Just picked this up from Glasgow. 67500 miles 1991 Japanese factory conversion, got a neat solar system on there.....drives lovely £7000

New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Img_8711
New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Img_8712
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Looks really nice!

Do you have any pictures from inside? Would be curious to the layout
Back to top Go down
tokyojoe
Not so new now
Not so new now
tokyojoe

PostSubject: Re: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 3:50 pm

These are not such hi-res but you get the idea. I love the design on the inside. Really good use of space for a tiny van - I am used to having a big bugger of a van (previously had a VW LT35 and a Merc Tabbert 307D - both had a lot of space including shower and WC room)
The bed in the pop up is pretty uncomfortable to be fair, so I'll be putting a memory foam topper up there. The finish on the conversion is top quality - so much so Wellhouse, a well known motorhome conversion company in Sheffield, imported the van and used it a model for their own conversions on Hiaces and Bongos!

New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Front10
New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Bed_210
New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Bed110
New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Sink_210
New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Sink10
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Lovely van. My favourite camper layout in fact.

I know you can't see out the door as the cooker has that view, but unlike the SC the rear windows are clear, and the table in the back and the ability to walk around and sit at the table is ace.
Also I think the middle seat rotates so you do get a side-door view if you want.

That door in the sill I think must go underneath, the van has quite a bit of space under the floor so I guess the factory used it for gas storage etc?
Back to top Go down
tokyojoe
Not so new now
Not so new now
tokyojoe

PostSubject: Re: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 pm

GPW wrote:
Lovely van. My favourite camper layout in fact.

I know you can't see out the door as the cooker has that view, but unlike the SC the rear windows are clear, and the table in the back and the ability to walk around and sit at the table is ace.
Also I think the middle seat rotates so you do get a side-door view if you want.

That door in the sill I think must go underneath, the van has quite a bit of space under the floor so I guess the factory used it for gas storage etc?

Which door do you mean? Do you mean sink? If so I have a water bottle and large gas bottle under there.

The middle seat does rotate, which is handy.

I really love the layout and also the overall minimalist design and the van is a dram to drive, just like a car...except not quite as economical affraid
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 10:11 pm

This door:

New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Sill_Door

They are thirstier than a modern Trafic yes, I've added 75-90 synth diff oil to mine, I'm also switching to Synth DIIIH in the autobox and the next service will put Synth in the engine (5W30 for the 3.0L 1KZ-TE) which I'm hoping will help slightly.

Campers are never super economical though, even modern ones. Oh yes - I'm fitting cruise control too - an Ap60 unit, the ability to drift along at 60mph will I think be the biggest saving Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tokyojoe
Not so new now
Not so new now
tokyojoe

PostSubject: Re: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 3:21 am

ahh sorry I was being a bit thick there! The waste water system is behind that door!
This van is more economical than my VW LT and the Merc/Hymer - I used just over half a tank from Glasgow to Liverpool - 225 miles - pretty decent that - think the tank is 70l on this one, so that is a return of just over 30mpg....happy with that like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool   New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New wheels...bought in Glasgow...lives in Liverpool
Page 1 of 1