Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this? Empty
PostSubject: Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this?   Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 am

Does anyone know why the side light bulbs are double filament? The 35/5w don’t seem to be standard here (by ‘standard’ I mean does it have halfords scratching their heads)

Also the 5w is what comes on normally but it looks like the 35w comes on when you use the indicator (indicator is a seperate bulb).
Is this correct?

thought and illumination welcome
Best Marko
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this?   Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm

5 w are your side lights.

35w are the turning lights, these come on when indicating with the headlights on, often disconnected by importers. I find they are quite useful.
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this?   Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Clive wrote:
5 w are your side lights.

35w are the turning lights, these come on when indicating with the headlights on, often disconnected by importers. I find they are quite useful.

Cheers Clive!
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this?   Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 9:17 pm

Yup.

The bulb in my 'Front clearance lamp' see: https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/electric/8104/ Scheme 2 is a P35/5W double filament and I've never seen this used elsewhere. It's also got a white bulb end, too,which I've also not seen before. It doesn't seems to be a standard bulb.

I've just got this on one side, on the other it's been replaced with a standard double filament P21/5W like used regularly in tail/stop.

Would like to know if there's a LED replacement? Also unsure when the different filaments come on. If the high power is linked to the indicator then this is really clever; just like the driving lights being linked to steering wheel input on modern cars.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this?   Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Side light bulbs 35/5w. Whats with this?
Page 1 of 1