Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

temp needle flickering to zero and back

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
domdomburger

Number of posts : 2
Home City : london
Registration date : 2012-12-29

temp needle flickering to zero and back Empty
PostSubject: temp needle flickering to zero and back   temp needle flickering to zero and back Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 pm

hey guys. any thoughts,

temp needle never goes over half way mark but flickers from zero to half way, a lot, kinda all the time.

freaked that it was a coolant or oil prob. filled coolant reservoir when engine was cold a couple of times and had some coolant leaking out bottom of engine. the seal on lid of reservoir isn't sealing, is that it?

also the engine oil cap came off as it became threaded and sprayed oil over engine, luckily i checked it daily since coolant issue and bought new cap which is holding fine.

temp needle still flickering.

while I'm talking to the wise....

if i go over 60mph the front door open lights (on dash) flicker on and off, go over 70 and they stay on.

if i put on the awesome parking sensor the front right is always on full beep warning of immanent collision even when park on a beach, very alone.

I'm new to hiace life and loving it.

thanks for any pearls of wisdom.

dom

Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

temp needle flickering to zero and back Empty
PostSubject: Re: temp needle flickering to zero and back   temp needle flickering to zero and back Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Re leak, was it from the engine itself? If not, check radiator drain plug, they can become brittle.

My temp gauge is usually somewhere between zero and halfway, usually around 1/4 but can change suddenly. May be a dirty temp sensor.

Werner
Back to top Go down

temp needle flickering to zero and back
Page 1 of 1