Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ECT power switch - where?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

ECT power switch - where? Empty
PostSubject: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 am

Hi
I've just acquired my lovely 1994 Super Custom camper and am gradually getting to know things. Driving this morning I noticed the green 'ECT PWR' light, which hasn't shown before. I checked the handbook but no mention at all. So then I found this forum - great stuff! I can see some previous topics about ECT so I now understand what it's for...but my problem is the opposite, WHERE THE HELL IS THE ECT SWITCH?!! I must have accidentally switched it on but I have no idea how and I have searched everywhere for a likely looking switch. Is it on the dash, or near the gear shift, or where? Many thanks to whoever can help!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 am

Should be a switch infront of the gear selector. I would say next to the hot/cool box and door mirror parking switch but you may not have those fitted.

Best find it and switch of or you will be using a huge amount of fuel!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am

Oh yeah, just found it! Obvious when you know where...but I can't see it well from my driving position. It's off now and will remain off forever! Many thanks Clive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:45 am

Another mystery now! Found a little black box by the windscreen, labelled CONLIGHT. Googling tells me it's an automatic light sensor but doesn't tell me exactly what it's for or how it works. Anyone help there? Thanks
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:43 pm

i believe that it senses when it is getting dark and turns lights on
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:40 pm

You should have an AUTO option beyond the headlight mark on the light stalk. Your lights will come on by magic and no need to turn them off when you remove the ignition key.

What do I miss from my SC

Hot/Cool box
Joyful talk
Water heater
Folding mirrors (never did get them to work corectly).
Electric curtains
3.0 ltr engine.
Auto lights
Slow dim interior light on vehicle exit.

Think I'm hunting for another one now!
Back to top Go down
wafoo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 25
Home City : london, N22
Model and year : Lexus 1994 7 seats 3L Class MPV
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Just read all your comments about ECN, Auto on the light stick. Never knew what they did Thanks for that CLIVE & RUFFNUT.

HOT/COOL BOX. is that electric as its above the engine and it melted my bar of choccy????

Local garage messed up my odometer mileage. Frozen now that they changed the timing belts. Belt light is out but the miles don't clock up any more. 1994 SC Lexus. Electronic board. (No dials) Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks Clive & ruffnut for Conlight info. Will have a play...!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 am

No H/C box run of A/C.

Changing the timing belt change indicator should not affect the odemeter, try resetting it again how to do it on this forum somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Will09

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Registration date : 2017-09-24

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi guys, any idea on how to run the cool box? I have a switch, although unsure whether aircon needs to be on and what settings. Regards
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 429
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:57 pm

ECT power switch I believe all it does is allow increase in engine revs before auto boxs changes up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECT power switch - where?   ECT power switch - where? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ECT power switch - where?
Page 1 of 1