Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do I get into the ignition switch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ben57

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Mount Barker; Adelaide; South Austrlia
Model and year : 2001 Super custom series II 3L Turbo Diesel
Registration date : 2010-07-04

How  do I get into the ignition switch Empty
PostSubject: How do I get into the ignition switch   How  do I get into the ignition switch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:05 am

How do I get into the ignition switch. I need to find a live wire that is live only when the ignition is on. I have found live wires in the fuse box area that are live all the time. So I thought the best way was to get into the ignition switch, unless there is a better option.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: How do I get into the ignition switch   How  do I get into the ignition switch Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:08 am

Radio feed one constant live and one switched live.
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How do I get into the ignition switch   How  do I get into the ignition switch Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Remove the fuelcap lever and one screw at the lower left of the underpanel of the steering column. Lift the panel up towards the steering wheel a few millimetres and back towards the seat - the panel will then come away from around the ignition switch to gain access to the wires................OR use a multimeter on the loom coming down from the switch to find your wire
Back to top Go down
ben57

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Mount Barker; Adelaide; South Austrlia
Model and year : 2001 Super custom series II 3L Turbo Diesel
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How do I get into the ignition switch   How  do I get into the ignition switch Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:55 am

Thank you for those 2 hints.

1) Clive, I do not know how to get to the radio

2) dandywarhl, I did as you said and i get as far as just above the ignition key and can not get the fascia to move any more. There is a black rubber ring around the ignition key with an arrow pointing anticlockwise and the word PUSH next to it. The ring will not turn anticlockwise but it will go clockwise. This ring appears to me to be stopping the ignition key assembly from coming of. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How do I get into the ignition switch   How  do I get into the ignition switch Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:34 am

don't need to remove the ring, although it does come off in a quarter turn anticlock.

2 screws at the fuel catch, 1 screw at the bottom of the lower panel, left of the colmnm and lift the entire panel and lift/slide the panel upwards about 10mm - this will disengage the "hooks" on the panel from the main dashboard. The black rubber ring will then come over the top of the ign. switch (with the key out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I get into the ignition switch   How  do I get into the ignition switch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I get into the ignition switch
Page 1 of 1