Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans

Go down 
+27
Nikola
Yozza
AgathaAlice
Joshuadharling
benewing
nautilus
ajsreeve
GPW
david
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Hiace4wd
Dione
sampipe
RattleZ
TravisB
pbear
finbarr69
BFG
denny1980
wtfauto
Mr.Prado
wernerk
bredzy
shannar80
WERX
toyogran
Spanner
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dione

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Mandeville
Registration date : 2016-10-23

Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 6:39 am

The 1jz is quite long... After some bruised and a scraped hands and a engine hoist I managed to get it to fit, had to modify the mounts on the cross member as the 1j is more of a vertical orientation. The radiator has some clearance in front, as I am planning to use the 1j clutch fan. The gearbox is the Hiace own 5 speed box I had a machinist cut the bell-housing and welded the 1j automatic transmission bell-hosing end on the Hiace gearbox. Hiace fly wheel had some slight weight reduction so to make up for some of the reduced torque and machining to bolt holes so will be using the Hiace clutch and pressure plate.

I was planing to go the L series diesel as I got the 2L in the ace long story short it obviously overheated and the block cracked it was after I put it together that was noticed. 2RZ are expensive in Jamaica as the are commercial gas engines and all my modification so far still couldn't not cover a second hand 2rz not to mention anything about the 3rz. Never the less they are quite reliable engines though.

I will post some pictures( WARNING IT IS SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC CONTENT ) I haven't gotten around cleaning up the Hiace as yet. BTW does anyone have the wiring diagram for the ace my electric are a mess. I need to find what relays do what the two relay box cover are missing I have been trying to sort it all out but its quite time consuming and this being a SC there are plenty wires in there. scratch scratch

Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 9:06 am

If you're going to share pictures, just do it in a new topic that you can create. For example in "Show us yours" category. This is already going way offtopic.

When it comes to the wiring diagrams, I discovered there are some relevant wiring diagrams in a manual that I downloaded. But I don't have the full link anymore. It also supposed to have some kind of index, but I don't know how it works. But when picking random PDFs in the folders that I have, I notice that some are relevant. But it is impossible to search in, so you just have to go one by one. However, better than nothing. There are also these CD's for sale on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/TOYOTA-HIACE-1989-2004-RZH-LH-Series-Workshop-Manual-PETROL-DIESEL-/222293665399

So your project sounds as if it is already quite far. Nice if you can do all this stuff yourself, especially with engine mounts and bellhousing.

So you are using the G52 gearbox then? Or some G5* gearbox anyway, that came with the 1RZ or with the 3L diesel?

How do you even fit the engine? From below or through the doors and cabin from above?

Then the whole part is making engine mounts? Or did you also have to lower the whole drivetrain including gearbox?

Baiscally, if you can just fit the 1JZ with "only" different engine mounts, it is pretty good, especially without moving the radiator.

I guess the 2JZ (non-turbo perhaps) would also be interesting? The turbo versions are very expensive (and powerful) but the non-turbo is maybe affordable and almost same dimensions like 1JZ?
Back to top Go down
Dione

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 1:56 am

I don't know how to start a new topic. I noticed it really is going off topic though.

Thanks for that link on ebay I think it is in russian or something so had to use translator. I e-mailed the merchant as I live in the Caribbean and they may not ship here; it contains a a lot of info though really interesting.

4wd about that manual you have can I get a copy???
Back to top Go down
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Been here a while
Been here a while
TwentyOneThirtyFive

Number of posts : 222
Home City : Hertfordshire, UK
Model and year : Super GL Camper (Vantech), 2.8D 4wd, 1995
Registration date : 2016-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 8:17 am

If you are having issues with shipping, those manuals are also available to purchase and download from here:

https://manuals4u.com.au/auto/toyota/toyota-hiace-1989-2004-manual/

I got an owner's manual from here recently.  I had to email the guy afterwards as I didn't get the auto email, but he responded immediately with a link.
Back to top Go down
Dione

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks for that link 35. I just bought the manual.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi Dione,

What I was wondering, how you remove and place the engine? From below I assume?
So you have to lift the car up quite high to roll the engine in place underneath?
And when it is underneath, use a engine hoist to lift it into place?

I mean, maybe there is a possibility if you would remove the doors, and engine hood (and second engine cover under the fixed seat) but then you would have to turn the engine?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dione

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi 4wd,

No I did not go from below I just took off the engine hood hinge and all. Then I used the hoist from the passenger side and turned the engine and with the help of a few friends slowly brought it down in the engine compartment and with a lot of scraped hands and knuckles placed it in place. One if my friends who helped did the welding on the engine mounts.

The gearbox was not on the engine, the bonnet had some slight modifications because the jz is kinda higher than what would normally be in there.

All in all the modifications are not so extreme my only problem so far has been putting the electrical system in the SC back together I bought it in a very bad state. The previous owner had planned to scrap the van............... So you know what I'm dealing with:( Sad Sad Sad Sad Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Ok great to hear. Good that you are giving the van some attention, but I can imagine it could be in better shape. Also good to hear that you got it in through the doors.
Anyway, sticking with a 4 cilinder may be easier? Did the 3L get out easy the same way?

If I make a swap, it will probably be a 4 cilinder to keep it easy, reuse of existing engine mounts and gearbox.
But the V6 engines are very interesting because I think they would make a very smooth ride, and deliver enough power (190hp for example). Then I mean the 3VZ and 5VZ engines. However, they are fitting only the R150 family of gearboxes, so that means changing all that stuff. And of course, custom engine mounts.
And I don't even know if a V6 will fit.

Good luck anyway
Back to top Go down
Dione

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 10:10 pm

I got the 2L in pieces from the guy. He said it overheated and blew the head gasket only problem is that its was not the head gasket alone was damaged the block also cracked. I think he knew the block was damaged but choose not to tell me, he said he was gonna put a 4Y diesel in the van.

Yea a four cylinder would be easier but I love the sound of these straight sixes Cool cheers

I hear v sixes are more efficient engines also. The R150 family are strong gearboxes, I think the R154 is the one used in supras and they can take a lot of abuse. Not that we can do with our vans what supra guys do with their cars but its always good to know their is a little extra under our feet at times.
Back to top Go down
david

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Cow Bay Nova Scotia
Registration date : 2017-01-07

PostSubject: Wiring Diagram   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi,

I just bough a 96 super custom and was hoping to get a copy of the wiring diagram if possible.

All the best,

David
Back to top Go down
Dione

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi david.

What engine is in your Hiace??? The file that I have with the diagrams has different sections grouped by the engine type, or you can tell me which section of the van you need diagrams for, I could maybe e-mail you the file you need.

Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:19 pm

david wrote:
Hi,

I just bough a 96 super custom and was hoping to get a copy of the wiring diagram if possible.

All the best,

David

I also have a '96 SuperCustom.
I haven't found a wiring diagram that matches the colours yet.

I did buy a multimeter from eBay with a current clamp though to help me find wires with currents in - useful for finding lighting wires etc.
The engine and chassis will be on a plate under the carpet that you can lift up when you raise the passenger seat/bonnet.
Back to top Go down
ajsreeve

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Ascot
Model and year : 1996
3.0TD
Hiace SC
KZH132
Registration date : 2016-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 11:24 pm

I realise that i'm six years late to the party but i'd love to have those wiring diagrams if you still have them Spanner! email to ajsreeve@hotmail.co.uk if you.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
nautilus

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2019-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 4:53 am

Hi Spanner,

Could I get that set of PDFs too please? I'm a new Hiace owner. '94 1KZTE.

Thanks! My email is seanjkanderson [at] gmail . com (remove the spaces)
Back to top Go down
benewing

Home City : Deerfield
Registration date : 2020-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 10:00 pm

i found these diagrams but has anyone figured out which engines they correspond to? ewd079e, ewd138e, etc? I've looked through a bit and I don't see anything about a 1kz-te...

I have the diagram for the 90-series Prado, does everyone think the engine/tranny wiring should be the same?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 am

benewing wrote:
i found these diagrams but has anyone figured out which engines they correspond to? ewd079e, ewd138e, etc? I've looked through a bit and I don't see anything about a 1kz-te...

I have the diagram for the 90-series Prado, does everyone think the engine/tranny wiring should be the same?

The 1kz-te and transmission are all used in different Toyotas as well, but the ECU is probably tweaked for the Hiace. Just check the transmission is the same - but remember the transmission also has it's own ECU under the shifter, the engine ECU auto inputs are just the basic ones to allow correct operation - it doesn't decide anything about when to change and to what gears.
Back to top Go down
Joshuadharling

Home City : Mareeba
Registration date : 2020-06-09

PostSubject: Reverse lamp wire for a 93 super custom?   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 4:27 am

Hi all. Just trying to wire up an led reverse lamp and looking for a reverse wire to plug into, preferably the one that’s running to the back door. Anyone got any tips on where the best place to tap in would be?
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 6:17 am

In our one when we had it there were connectors behind the rear light clusters and if I remember correctly the back door wiring came from the left-hand one. However there are literally so very many variants of the Hiace that yours may be totally different, it won't take long to have a look though.
Back to top Go down
Yozza

Home City : Raglan, NZ
Registration date : 2021-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 2:18 am

I'd also like a copy of the wiring diagrams if anyone could send them through.

Do we not have some sort of Cloud Storage for the files so anyone can easily access them?

Happy to sort this out if someone sends them to me.. it just seems a bit dated to only be sharing them from person to person via email 😅

Either that if post them to this forum somehow.. though I don't think this forum allows that.....

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
Yozza

Home City : Raglan, NZ
Registration date : 2021-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 2:18 am

My email is matti.ts.1995@gmail.com btw.
Back to top Go down
Nikola
Nikola

Home City : Graz, Austria
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 4x4 1998
Registration date : 2021-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi folks,
I'm a fresh owner of a Hiace Super Custom and it would be amazing if somebody could send me the wiring diagrams and maybe all other useful PDFs he/she has.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 8:46 pm

Hello folks.

The best diagrams I've found is on https://www.hiacesoutheast.com/hiace-manuals. I've seen a few other diagram set but nothing as comprehensive as these nor as simple to follow. Some resources have these broken into many different small files. This company also said they'd host additional resources, which might be useful. They may have done so in the past (am unsure) but drop them a message

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
kraybar

Home City : Duncan BC
Registration date : 2021-09-12

PostSubject: Wiring Diagrams    Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Wiring diagrams for my HiAce Super Custom 2001 would be most appreciated!
Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
gbrow075

Home City : Newcastle
Registration date : 2024-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 11:44 am

Hi all, wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for 90s series supercustoms floating around still? Have a 96 model that wont start. Thanks
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 292
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 11:12 am

The HiaceSouthEast link above is still a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans   Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring Diagrams Plus for Hiace Vans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2