Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Self Closing sliding door thingy

Go down 
+9
izzzzythedog
sunglassescenter
ruffnut
Insight
bredzy
chrisandhiace
simongd
Clive
Fiona
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Self Closing sliding door  thingy Empty
PostSubject: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:11 pm

My van likes to tag team its problems! Just had the wheel alignment issue corrected & just the other day I noticed that side sliding door doesn't self close anymore Sad Thats a really handy feature.. The kids never shut the door fully so it being able to suck it in like that was great. Is it likely to just be a fuse do you think?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Try cleaning the contacts on the door and door frame.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:11 pm

nope cleaning them didn't work Sad How does the mechanism work?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:57 pm

As the door is almost closed, the contacts mate and an electrical motor takes over. Never had to look at mine so don't know where it is, sorry can't be of more help.
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:46 pm

The next step I think would be to undo the two bolts which hold the contacts to the door and also the door frame and see if a wire has come off or is damaged.

I don't know which fuse it would be. There may be a diagram on the fuse box.

Try these and if they don't work we'll have to think of something else.
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Did use use fine emery or just a cloth?...the metal can oxidise and literally need the coating scraping off.
If you remove the sliding door interior panel there is a connector in there too....a cheap multimeter can help...
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:46 am

Thanks guys. I will have a tackle with it soon. It hot outside & with the kids home I don't want to try yet. They stress me out wanting to touch! LOL
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:54 am

Know what you mean Fiona. I usually have for pairs of helping hands to fend off:-)
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Another thought....I had different problem some years back...in that instance the motor was just going crazy and wouldn't stop...disconnecting and reconnecting the battery sorted it on that occasion...+ loads of the obligatory wd40!
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 am

I gave it a clean & it seems to have fixed it. But its still a bit sluggish.
Back to top Go down
bredzy
Not so new now
Not so new now
bredzy

Number of posts : 42
Home City : Roseau
Model and year : 1997 Toyota Hiace Wagon
D-T G CABIN X
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Is it possible to make my door self shut? It does not have that feature.
Back to top Go down
Insight
Not so new now
Not so new now
Insight

Number of posts : 32
Home City : Warkworth, New Zealand
Model and year : 1990, 2RZ-E 2.4petrol.
Registration date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 am

bredzy wrote:
Is it possible to make my door self shut? It does not have that feature.
Yeah!?
Mine clicks it self shut and I thought that was pretty snazy. But the whole door sliding shut, now thats pimping. afro
If in doubt take it to the auto electrican. Dont want to cook the electrics from over fiddling.
Back to top Go down
bredzy
Not so new now
Not so new now
bredzy

D-T G CABIN X

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:01 pm

I prefer the self shutting clicking one rather than the entire door sliding and shutting hehe. Can you tell if mine has the self shut mechanism and is just not working? I see in one of the photos that I only have 2 pins. Are there supposed to be 4 pins? Need some advice here Smile

Self Closing sliding door  thingy Img-2011 cat

Self Closing sliding door  thingy Img-2012

Self Closing sliding door  thingy Img-2013
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Guess you would need to raid a breaker for parts....take everything yours does'nt have...contact plates, wiring to relay, solenoid, motor etc,
Maybe study the parts differences at toyodiy (register there 1st)..there may be some wiring diagrams on this site too...unsure.
You still have to shut the door though...the motor just pull the door in the last 1/2" or so, once its already aligned with the striker....
Back to top Go down
bredzy
Not so new now
Not so new now
bredzy

D-T G CABIN X

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Yep. Thats what I want. I dont mind pulling the door. Does anyone have a pic of door that has the correct contacts? I really thought this would be an easy addition. Seems alot more complicated.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:05 pm

From memory you will need the motor and fittings, and the electric striker plates. The for prong ones, the longer prongs I guess are for the soft close door mechanism as it is known. just as the door closes the motor takes over and pulls it shut on both front and rear locks.

Knowing Toyota there may well be wiring in place ready to hook up?
Back to top Go down
bredzy
Not so new now
Not so new now
bredzy

D-T G CABIN X

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Any diagrams? or Pics? I have no idea what to look for. Smile Or maybe you may know where i can get this parts online.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:35 am

www.toyodiy.com may have it?
Back to top Go down
bredzy
Not so new now
Not so new now
bredzy

D-T G CABIN X

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:18 pm

I searched the site and didnt find any parts for Toyota Hiace.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:03 pm

try this
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1996_TOYOTA_HIACE_KZH100G-MRPGT_8512.html
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:09 pm

You need to register there to get pics
Then select your car.....use the model codes from the plate under the carpet beneath the passenger seat if need be
Back to top Go down
sunglassescenter
sunglassescenter

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Warsash, Southampton, UK
Model and year : Hi-Ace Super Custom Camper Wagon,
Tokyo Import to UK
1990 on a H reg plate,
Diesel 3L Automatic
200,000 K , Recon Engine fitted April 2011
06/1990 TOYOTA HIACE (LH113-6007490)
Model U-LH113V-RRPDS
DX JPN SRF 3L DSL 4FC 2WD V1 1000K 4D 06S SG
Registration date : 2011-05-27

PostSubject: Pics are of Door close warning light !   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm

, Its the One above it with the 4 contacts that is the soft close mechanism.
Hi,
I have had the same problem on my SC with soft close stopping working, ( NOW SOLVED )
I cleaned connections, took panel out in the door, Took connections off, cleaned and replaced, Nothing !

I took the connection out of the side panel by the passenger door and there were 2 wires broken off, These wires move every time the door closes, so I suppose after X amount of bending these wires are bound to break ! A little fiddly soldering and all works perfect again.

Thanks for this Forum thread though, before I read it I did not really know eher to start

Cheers

Joe

bredzy wrote:
I prefer the self shutting clicking one rather than the entire door sliding and shutting hehe. Can you tell if mine has the self shut mechanism and is just not working? I see in one of the photos that I only have 2 pins. Are there supposed to be 4 pins? Need some advice here Smile

Self Closing sliding door  thingy Img-2011 cat

Self Closing sliding door  thingy Img-2012

Self Closing sliding door  thingy Img-2013
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunglassescenter.co.uk/
izzzzythedog
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 69
Home City : midlands
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:37 am

mine was also opening and closing clicking away like a good un on the move , loads of wd40 and a quick wave of a wire brush shut it up
Back to top Go down
jalubrim

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2012-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:54 pm

does any one know of a wreckers in Melbourne to buy parts such as these as mine has bent pins and i am concerned they will split and weaken if i try to straighten. I also need to purchase a new rear bumper bar. I had a contact yet he has recently moved any one else???
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:44 pm

try b.i.p in the maidstone area i know they had a couple of sc's that they wee wrecking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self Closing sliding door thingy   Self Closing sliding door  thingy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Self Closing sliding door thingy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next