Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pbear

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Ballina
Model and year : 1989 SC
Registration date : 2013-06-08

Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail Empty
PostSubject: Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail   Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 am

Hello all,

Couldn't see anything previous on this topic - advise me if it's been covered somewhere already as I'm new to this!

Got a bit of rust happening where sliding door rail is bolted in to side panel. Smash repairer suggested removing and assessing how bad it is before bringing it in for repairs with him ($$). He said I'd need to remove sliding door to remove track. Looks like I'd also need to remove inside panels.

Looking for advice on this operation. Is it a massive undertaking for an amatuer?

Any advice/tips welcome!

Vehicle is an 89 SC 4wd.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail   Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:19 am

No need to remove door. Remove internal trim undo nuts holding the rail. Remove the end stop on the our side. Open door fully. You can now wiggle the rail out. Refitting requires more of a jiggle to get the door roller into place and the threded studs into the place in the panels at the same time, oh it's fun!

Most show a staining of rust on the the paint work on the curved bit. Of course to get any spraying the door will have to come off - word of warning it is heavy!
Back to top Go down

Advice welcome... removing sliding door and door rail
Page 1 of 1